Another week...... Another destiny. (February 13, 2016)

Hallo von Geiste Prison!!!  

This week was longer then the others... aber es war gut! I left my notebook in the room... so I am going to have to write this by memory...

Sonntag... Fast Sunday... was the longest day of my life!! I have never wanted MTC food so badly before... Meine Gute we all sat in our classroom just waiting, praying that the hours would go by faster haha! We went on the temple walk and had church and such...  but finally the time came for us to eat... and we regretted eating immediately after haha!! After three weeks of eating MTC food it all starts to taste the same... nothing is good anymore! And not to mention your bowels suffer from some form of trauma. (Yesterday the MTC for dinner had their own version of a German dish... Bratwurst in a bun... and Sauerkraut.... It was rather insulting!)

Sonntag at our devotional Jenny Oaks Baker came and performed with her family!!! HER KIDS ARE CRAZY TALENTED!! Look them up and see her there are videos of her and her kids performing anywhere!

Monday war ein gute Tag!! We taught a great lesson and I got our investigator to pray... FINALLY!!! Oh it was glorious!! 

So Monday we had Chick-Fil-A (which by the way... was just a chicken sandwich... which is what the MTC serves every single day... haha) Also (also is German for anyway...) Elder Hughes had this huge plate of fries and he and Elder Passey went to go check our mail... so he said to all the girls in our district, "does anyone want these fries?" and everyone shook their heads and he said, "That's alright I wasn't expecting any of you to take them anyway..." So I said, "Is that a challenge?" and he said, "Of course it is!" So I ate all of his fries, all of my fries, my sandwich, four cookies, two hot chocolates, and a chocolate milk... He now calls me the machine!! ;) Every day he gives me a new challenge now... and every day I come off the conqueror. ;)

Tuesday was good!! We had choir!! And then we had a devotional!! And guess who spoke... Elder Dube!!!! I was like, "Shut the front door!! He is in my ward!!" I went up and talked to him after and he kind of remembered me haha!! Once I explained who I was he freaked out!!! His wife had no idea who I was!! Bahahah!! She looked and him and said, "We know her??" and he was like, "Yes!!" and so she shrugged and gave me a hug bahaha!! Next tuesday I think someone really important is coming to speak... because Brother Eggit our Choir director said, "Just a little hint... next week would be a REALLY great week to fill in all the seats for our choir... because you never know what is going to happen here at the MTC!!" I am so excited!!

The rest of the week was just normal... Until yesterday!! ;) Yesterday was the best day!! We had TRC again and we taught Sister Durtschi again!!! Ahhhh!! I freaking love that women!!! And then we taught Sister Nemelka who had a very thick German accent!!! She was so cool!!!! I love Germans.... Meine Gute!! We taught them a really good lesson I think and the Spirit was definitely there helping us!! It was great!! Then they told us about Germany and all the incredible things there... ahhhh!!! 

Later that evening we had to teach our investigator! This one is really tricky because he thinks God is mad at him so he wouldn't pray and he would be really depressed in our lessons... but yesterday the greatest thing happened. Monday after we got him to pray in front of us for the first time I committed him to pray by himself to know that God loves him and that he isn't mad at him. So yesterday I asked him if he had prayed and he said, "Yes, I actually did!" and so I got excited and I said, "That is great!! What did you feel after you prayed?" And he said, "Well... I feel happy... and I feel like God isn't so mad at me after all!" MY HEART SWELLED WITH JOY!!!! I was sooooooo happy!! I just witnessed someones faith grow ever so slightly!! It was so incredible!! The rest of the lesson went sooooo great and I was able to answer his questions and I didn't feel like I was teaching in circles. Definitely our best lesson so far!!! :)

So here is a funny story... Elder Passey and I are really good friends! In fact I get along with him better then anyone here!! It is so fun!! But the other day someone said the word "Thunder" and Elder Passey and I at the exact same time said, "And the Thunder roollllss.... and the Lightening strikes!!!!" and then simultaneously made instrumental noise with sweeping arm motions hahah!! Then we just looked at each other and started laughing so hard!!! I am so glad there is someone here who shares my love for country music and Garth Brooks! ;)

Everyone here LOVES musicals... so we all bond over things like Phantom of the Opera... but mainly Sound of Music!! ;) Elder Passey brought the music for Edelweiss!!!! Ahhhh!! So today we are going to go and play and sing it!! I am so excited!!! That is like the greatest song... ;) Even though we aren't going to Austria... ;) haha!! The other day we all walked out of our classroom singing it and we got our zone to join in!! So we walked out of the building all singing Edelweiss!! It was like the moment when the whole audience joins in when Captain Von Trapp was singing!!! So tender!! ;) haha!!

We should be getting our flight plans next week!!! How insane is that?!?! I am so stoked!!! I am almost done with my time here in the MTC!!! ;) Soon I will be eating real food again and my bowels will have less of a problem!!! ;) 

Also, I think that is all for now! ;) Remember who you are and don't let it get ya down!! 
Hope on, Journey on!

Liebe,
Sister Darton
Sister Darton's Valentine from Reagan
Sister Darton :) <3

Popular Posts