Last Week In Spirit Prison (February 27, 2016)


Guten Tag from Spirit Prison!! 

This is my last Pday in the good old USA!! :) How insane is that?! I am going to live in Germany for the next 17 months of my life!! GERMANY!! But I have realized my first Sunday there is fast sunday... which basically means I have to speak... in German. WHAT?!?! I AM SO STOKED!!!! 

I can't wait to get to Germany and speak to all these random people in broken German!! My goal is once I touch down in Germany and get my new companion to never speak another word of English until I skype home!! ;) I am totally going to come home talking weird and it is going to be hysterical!!! ;)

So this week was very long! But it was good!! :)

Monday was normal!!

Tuesday was awesome at the end!! :) Sister Wixom the Primary General President came to speak with us!! And I hadn't felt the Spirit that strongly here yet. We talked about so much!! And it was a great reminder of how important the basics of the gospel are. It is the basics that will lead you home to your Father in Heaven. So if you ever find yourself feeling lost or confused... I urge you to go back to the basics. Go back to your primary days... read your scriptures daily, pray constantly!! I heard yesterday something that I think is cool! I think it was Elder Holland who said, "If you read your scriptures every day, and pray to Heavenly Father... You will never be lost." How incredible is that?? Something so simple that we take for granted every single day!! So please never stop reading... never stop praying. And if you have stopped... That is ok! The scriptures are still there.... und Himmlischer Vater ist immer da!! So I invite you to pick up those scriptures no matter how hard it may be for you to do so... read a chapter with a question in your mind and in your heart. And I also invite you to include Heavenly Father in your scripture study you will get more out of it that way trust me! ;) Also, if you haven't prayed for a while... NOW IS THE TIME!! It's so exciting to get down on your knees and speak to your Father in Heaven... HE LONGS TO HEAR FROM YOU!! So I invite you to get on your knees and just tell him about life... it can be simple! Tell him everything going on in life, ask him questions, etc. HE WILL LISTEN!! He is always listening. I know that from very personal experience. And I testify that He is always there... and He will never leave you alone in this life. It is us who walk away from Him. So walk back to Him starting today... Pray, read the scriptures... rebuild that testimony of Jesus Christ and His gospel through small and simple things. Anyway, I guess that was my missionary spiel for this email... that came out of no where haha!! 

Also, during that devotional we performed our last choir performance!! We sang this incredible version of childs prayer and we had like 15 kids sing with us!! They started out with "Heavenly Father... are you really there?" And then when they finished that the Choir started singing, "Pray he is there..." And the Spirit hit me so hard!! It hit me that our investigators are learning the gospel as "little children" no matter how old they are!! The gospel is all new to them!! So they must learn like the primary kids... with the small and simple things!!! It is incredible how much power the simple parts of the gospel have. Sometimes we get all caught up in the deep things... but honestly they don't matter. And if we get too caught up in the deep things we will then look past the mark (Jesus Christ) and eventually fall. We all need to learn as little children... THE GOSPEL IS INCREDIBLE.  I don't know if any of this made sense... But ya know... read it anyway! ;) haha!

Wednesday we had TRC. We spoke with this German man living in Essen Germany (Near Frankfurt)... His name was Markus Roch!! Dad find him on facebook and see if his profile picture is the same as it is on skype!!!! It is like an 80's German Glammer Shot... but he looks just like the scientist guy from back to the furture... (I am ashamed to say his name escapes me...) It was hysterical!!! And that guy was crazy too... haha!! I love Germans!! ;)

Ok I must tell you all about the greatest Pday I have had so far... Last Pday I was so bored... I couldn't handle it anymore... So I stood up... looked around our room... and suddenly I decided to prank Sister Balls and Sister McCrary... Oh it was glorious!! ;) I took all of their clothes out of their closets and switched their closets!! It was hysterical!! But I wasn't done... I then switched their beds too and put them exactly how they were... except opposite!! ;) bahahah!! I was dying!! And they were so mad!! The reaction was so great!! But it just wasn't enough... So when they left again... I then took their mattresses and put them in the room next door bahaha!! They were sooo mad!! I have it on video!!! It was glorious!!! Best Pday ever...

I don't think I have much else to share... THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE PACKAGES I RECEIVED!!! You are all so kind!! The letters, emails, and packages brighten our days!! And yesterday I got three packages bahaha!! So you could imagine how much food I have right now... ;) It is wonderful and I am grateful to everyone who takes the time to think about little old me here at the MTC... (Totally rhymed...) ;) haha!! I LOVE ALL OF YOU!! AND HEAVENLY FATHER DOES TOO! DON'T FORGET IT!!

"You don't need SELF confidence.... You just need CHRIST confidence." 

Liebe,
Sister Darton.... Next stop... DEUTSCHLAND!!! 


This is Courtney Baggely who left for Denmark on Monday!!! She is a good friend from home!  I love her and I am so grateful she was here with me!!!

I love this picture

This is Sister Landeen!  She just arrived at the MTC on Wednesday.

P-day pranks ;)

P-day pranks ;)

IT IS LITERALLY MARIA VON TRAP!!!  Ok, not literally..... but basically a woman who looks just like  Maria Von Trapp

The Bulgarians stole my camera.... haha!

We all "signed" his jacket! ;)

WE ARE RELATED TO LUCY, HUMPHREY BOGGART, AND JIMMY STEWART!!! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!

Also, these people !!!! ;)

Popular Posts