Hello (April 18, 2016)

Hello everyone!! It was quite the week but at the same time nothing exciting really happened... Sorry!! ;)

Last Monday we went bowling for Pday!! It was really fun!! My last Pday with the best district in Germany!! ;)

On Monday and Tuesday something miraculous happened... I could speak German. It was incredible!!! Monday night after Pday had ended I decided to make some appointments for the week. I had sent my trainer away the day before and my comp at the time didn't even belong to my area... So I was practically alone. So I started making phone calls...
And I called all of those people and made/changed appointments all auf Deutsch!!!!!! I laid in bed that night thinking, "What just happened...??" The next day I had to teach German class!! And Yuliya came to help!! No one showed up for the class... (They must have heard I was teaching...) haha!! ;) But for the first time I was able to talk to Yuliya all on my own!!!!! I normally can't understand her completely!!!! It was awesome!!! Through the week it went on and
off... But I know for a fact that the Spirit is able to work through us. It's incredible.

One funny thing that happened... My new comp and I were walking down the street and this old man stopped right in front of us looked at me and said, "You are wearing a dress. You look like a lady and that is how it should be!" And then he looked at my comp shook his head and the. Looked back at me and said, "You look like a lady. You will get a good man." Bahahahaha!! Kemsely and I were dying!!!

So we have this less active named Angela who Hendricks and I for weeks had been trying to get in contact with. Apparently she was in Tahiti. Anyway, we finally made an appointment to meet with her on Saturday!! And so we got on the train to Wuntsorf and met her at the station. She picked us up and said, "I told my husband I had a surprise for him!!" So we thought, "ok!! We are going to meet with her and her husband!" Nope... It was her, Her husband, two of her best friends, the daughter of her best friend and her best friends boyfriend. We walked into Anglas house and there are hula skirts all over the wall, and leis
everywhere, and a naked mannequin in the corner. Bahaha!! Oh my word these people were hilarious!!! Angela is from Tahiti, one of her best friends from Papa Neu Ginea, and the rest of them were from Germany. So we all made Tahitian food together and had a surprise eating appointment!! Directly after we had another eating appointment with the Metzigs!! ;) haha!! So much food... So worth it!!!!

Yesterday we had an eating appointment with Familie Derksen in the ward. We asked if there was anything we could do to help! And Sister Derksem said, "You can walk my dog!" So there we were... Sister Kemsley and I walking Bobby the Corgi around the neighborhood... Bahaha!! It was pretty funny... Never thought I'd be walking dogs on my mission haha!!

That was the week!! Nothing too exciting!! I love it here in Germany!!


Hope you all have a great week!! :)

Sending Sister Hendricks Off
Bowling with the crew

New companion,  New sweatshirts!
(Sister Kemsley) 

Popular Posts