What a Week.

Sister Hendricks


Wow this week was pretty crazy! I am going to start with Thursday because everything up to there wasn't really exciting.

Thursday Hendricks and I got up got ready and we practiced my Aus Sprache which is fun and really helpful!! I hope my German sounds as good has hers does by the end of all this. We were in a Drit with Garnett that day which is always a blast with Garnett!! ;) We went and tried to go by on this lady but she wasn't answering so we Klingled another lady living in the same building. She let us in and we asked
if the other lady was still living in the building and she said no... But she asked us what we were doing. We told her who we were and what we did! And the first thing she said was, "Cool... Do you have a book?" And we all looked at each other and then said, "why yes... Yes we do!!" "In Arabic?" "We have an Arabic one at home we'd have to bring it by tomorrow! Is that alright?" "Yes that is fine! Bring it by at 8:30 tomorrow morning!" We walked away and went... What just happened? This women just asked us for a book... Not only do we have a movie... But we have THE book!! It was awesome. Then walking away from that ladies house we found the cutest little Fritz-Kola place!!! Hendricks loves Fritz-Kola so I said, "Do you want to stop??" And she responded with an enthusiastic, "YES!" As we were in there this Turkish man asks about my name tag. I said, "Wir sind Missionarre für unser kirche..." Etc. and we ended up all three of us sitting down and talking to him for about an hour. He was hilarious! His English is better than his German. He is at that place every day after one and we made an appointment to come back and meet him there!! So hilarious and awesome!! We just got two new investigators in the matter of an hour and thirty minutes.  We were on cloud nine basically!! ;)

Friday Hendricks and I got up quickly got ready and took the lady her Arabic Book of Mormon. She apparently forgot she asked us to come at
8:30... So we woke her up! ;) She answered the door not wearing pants and half asleep. She gladly took the book and told us to call her later... It was rather awkward haha! So we walked away and went to abmeld Hendricks. While we were standing in line to abmeld there was this man in front of us who heard us speaking English. He turns around and we started to talk to him. He was the nicest man!! Seemed to be in his early thirties or late twenties. Rather young! We were telling him all about what we do as Missionaries and talking about our favorite parts of Germany and about what Hendricks wants to study when she gets
home... Just average conversation! But this guy was so nice! But we parted rather suddenly because he was next in line. So we didn't have a chance to get his name or give him a card. And so Hendricks and I finished her abmeld and then we left... We were quite a few streets away when I was thinking about that man. And I felt bad that we just kind of left... So I looked at Hendricks and said, "Pal! We gotta go
back!!" And I started walking back... Hendricks was laughing at me but she was proud at me haha! I walked into that place, found him in the
waiting room, and I went up to him invited him to play basketball with us Monday nights, or offered help with moving gave him our card and asked his name. His name is Olay he is from Ukraine and he is the kindest person. I left feeling much better!! ;)

We got a referral!! So Hendricks and I went to the referral Saturday at like one... And this woman is so prepared. Her father passed away last year and she is terrified of death. She is so open to everything we tell her and is ready to learn more. I have found that the things I have been through in life have really helped the people we teach. I have now met two people who are petrified of death... And I have been
able to use my experience of overcoming that fear to help these people. And the way to overcome it is to come to know your Heavenly Father and trust in His plan. Once you understand His plan then you have no need to fear. After visiting her we went to teach Alan!! He is this awesome black guy who reminds me of Magnum PI and Mr. T mixed bahaha!! He's so cool.And he is also really open to everything.

Ok here is a back story and a present story...
On Easter this husband and wife showed up at church... We didn't have a Sunday school class that day... But the Elders spontaneously made a
lesson about baptism for these two. And we joined! We found out that he was a member but had his records removed, and she was never a member. They invited the four of us to dinner at their house! We thought it was cool and of course we were all planning on taufing them... But apparently that would be easier then we thought... They called the bishop that night and told him they wanted to be baptized!!!! Whaaaat!?!? So we went to dinner at their house Saturday night and the wife informed us that their goal is to be sealed in the temple... WHAAAT!?!? So we are starting to teach the lessons this Friday!!!! They are both so excited!!!!!!! Her husband served a mission in England and told us some hysterical stories... Like how they took an investigator to the showing of James Bond bahaha!! We laughed pretty hard... ;)

Yesterday... We got our transfer calls!! I am staying in Hannover and my new companion is sister Kemsly who is apparently awesome!! But not only did I have to send Hendricks home... But yesterday I found out that Garnett would be transferred to the bottom of our mission. My two best friends in the mission were leaving me... And that was really sad for me to hear. Garnett and I thought we'd be together for a while!! Especially since we are both new... I had to put my companion on a train. That was really hard to do! Words can't describe how grateful I am for Sister Hendricks. Six weeks was not long enough for sure... I am so excited for her to be home and with her family again. But I am going to miss that pal of mine. She gave me a big hug, kissed me on the cheek and got on the train to Berlin. I talked to her through the train window until it slowly pulled away! I was crying... ;) I am so grateful for all that she has
taught me. We have had so much fun together! And I hope to be as amazing of a missionary as she is!!! When I got home after that I started crying when I read the note she left me... Eventually Garnett came into the room as I was laying in bed reading scriptures and she saw I was pretty not ok... And the only one that can comfort me in that time could have been Garnett... So the first thing she said to me
was, "It seems to be Gods will for everyone to leave you..." Bahahaha!!! I busted up laughing!!! She can't show emotions very well... So that was her way of comfort. Baha!! She then laid there with me and we watched the life of Thomas S. Monson... I'm so glad that she was there for me!!

That was this week. Lots of ups and downs!! The Lord I can't tell is going to start to stretch me. I am excited to see how I can grow. Love you guys!!!! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Darton
Postcard from Brookie

Mel's Diner



Popular Posts