Hallo From Deutschland!! (May 30, 2016)

Sister Darton and Sister Knabe

Here is the moment we have all been waiting for... Transfer calls!!
There have been a ton of changes in the mission this transfer!! Three programs closed, everyone is being moved around, that is... everyone except for me!! ;) 

That's right! I am pleased to announce that I will be staying here in Hannover for my third transfer!! But that's not all... My current companion, Sister Kemsley, has been transferred to Berlin to serve as STLT (Sister Training Leader Trainer)... so crazy!! She was only here in Hannover for one transfer. She will do an incredible job I'm sure! My new companion is Sister Baird!! On March 4th, my first day in Berlin (also my first day in the field), I went on exchange with Sister Baird! She bought me my very first Döner and we worked throughout Berlin together! So I'm really excited to be able to serve here in Hannover with her! She will be the STL here in the Hannover Zone! So that's really exciting!! I am actually heading to Berlin today to pick her up and I will be staying in Berlin until Wednesday.

So this is now my third transfer in the mission field. I have never had a companion for more then one transfer!! ;) And all three of the have been STLs!! So I have had the privilege my entire mission of working along side three amazing sisters whose job is to help the sisters in our zone with anything they may need. It has been quite the experience and a lot of fun. I go on at least one exchange a week, I get to go to Berlin often. It's pretty cool! I love being of service to the Sisters all around me. 

Friday night Sister Kemsley and I were at the Metzigs making my favorite jam!! (It's incredible...) and also for Abend Brot!! And we were talking about transfers and what could happen and we were all saying how I was the most likely choice for being transferred because I've been here for two transfers and Sister Kemsley is STL and she's only been here for one... "So she's definitely going to be staying!" We couldn't have been more wrong... ;)

Last Thursday we had ZoKo! (Zone Conference) and it was really good! I felt the Spirit and I learned a lot. But there is something that was said that hit me rather strongly. Elder Adeler of the third Quorum of the seventy spoke to us and said, "We are not called to Fail." When He said that it hit me because I thought about it in a different way. We are not created to Fail. Heavenly Father created us all with the capability to return to live with Him. That is His goal... His entire purpose is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. Now of course we can't do it alone. That is why He provided us with a Savior. If we have faith in Jesus Christ, if we trust in Him, and we use His atonement... We will not fail. We will return to our Heavenly Home. That's our Heavenly Fathers purpose... And through the atonement of Jesus Christ that is made possible. 

Anyway, nothing else really too exciting!! ;) I will be in Berlin until Wednesday, and then I have the opportunity to go to Freiberg on Friday!! So this week I will be traveling... A lot!! ;) And I will be in my area for a matter of three days... ;) haha!! But it will be exciting!! Well I hope everyone has a good week!! Tschüß!!

Liebe,

Sister Darton
Refugee Service
Berlin Wall today! 
The Metzig's
Making jam at the Metzig's

Popular Posts