I'm Glad to be a Missionary (May 23, 2016)


Not much to say about this last week. We worked really hard and did A
TON of walking. It was crazy!! ;) We had stake conference Friday and
Saturday and a Scottish member of the seventy spoke!! He was
awesome!!! And Scottish!!

I just want to say how grateful I am to be a missionary. It is not
easy, and it isn't always fun. But it's beyond worth it. Every second
of the day is for the Lord... How cool is that!? This work makes me
happy!! Each day is a new adventure! For example... Last week the
other sisters in the apartment almost burned our apartment down. And
by that I mean... They dropped a flaming lighter in the trash can...
Which then proceeded to catch on fire. The trash can burned into
flames... Now just picture two sister missionaries running around the
kitchen looking for something to put out a fire. Try to fill a pot
with water and instead grab a strainer... Then they proceed to pause
and ask, "Wait! Is this an oil fire!" At this point one sister decided
to dump all of our flour into the garbage can... ;) Long story
short... They put the fire out... And we need more flour... ;)

I love being a missionary. I can tell I am growing every single day!!
I'm excited to see who I will become by the end of it all. I am
grateful for the message I have been called to share. I know this
gospel is true. And if any of you reading this may not know for
yourself... But have the desire to know... That desire is all it
takes!! That is the beginning. It doesn't come all at once... You just
need to act in faith.

I love this gospel. I love my mission. And I'm glad to be a missionary.

Have a good week everyone!!
Love,
Sister Darton
Last District Picture


Popular Posts