Moin! (May 16, 2016)



Hello world!!

This week was long!! But we were crazy busy!!!

Last Monday when Pday ended we decided to go by on one of our
investigators who we haven't been able to set up an appointment with
since my third week in Germany! We took three of the wrong trains to
get there... Finally we got on the right train. As we were walking
towards her apartment this little girl stopped us and said, "Hey! Do
you guys come here often? I see you all the time!" We said, "no... We
should be here often though!" She asked us who we were and we said,
"We are missionaries for our church! We go around talking about Jesus
Christ!" When we said that she gasped and yelled, "Jesus!!!" She
really loves Jesus... A lot!! ;) This little girl is nine years old.
She asked if we believed in the Bible... And we said, "yes! We love
the bible!! We also have another book called the Book of Mormon!" She
got o excited and said, "Will you bring one for my mom in Bulgarian!?"
And we said, "Ja Klar!!" ;) we got her address and told her we would
be by later that week!! She was so excited haha!! Then we parted ways
and went by on Marina like we had planned and had set up an
appointment for Thursday!! So awesome!!

Wednesday we went by on this little girl and her family and took the
Bulgarian Book of Mormon!! They got so excited!! They let us in the
house, the grandpa took the Book of Mormon into his room and started
to read it, and we taught a little lesson about the Book of Mormon.
Long story short... We had another appointment made out with them on
Friday and they invited themselves to church!! It was awesome!! We now
have a Bulgarian Family of investigators!!!!! One problem... Only that
nine year old girl speaks German... So we need to Skype with the
missionaries in Bulgaria to teach this family!!! ;) You can imagine
how difficult it was to translate at church haha!! The grandma grandpa
and little girl came to all three hours of church. Sister Kemsley and
I would translate from German/English into Bulgarian using Google
translate. The Grandpa would read what it said and explain it to his
wife. Then relief society came... And we realized that this women
can't read!! So this whole translating on the iPad thing wasn't going
to work out... Luckily when you translate on Google translate into
Bulgarian it has the  Bulgarian Translation and then how you would say
it underneath. So I would translate main topics or ideas of the lesson
into Bulgarian and I would read to her what it said in Bulgarian!!! It
was the craziest Sunday ever haha!! We had two investigators at church
Herr and Frau Wilde, and our new Bulgarian Family!! And then we had
three less actives at church!! And I was speaking Bulgarian throughout
relief society!! Needless to say we came home from church exhausted...
Haha!!

Thursday I had that lesson with our investigator Marina!!! Oh my word!!
 It was the first time we had an appointment with her since Hendricks
and I had taught her my third week here. I was so excited!! But I was
on Tausch!! And the Sister I had to bring with me is a trainee! Sister
Johnson. (She's really awesome!!) Shes been in country three weeks! So
she can speak as much German as I could at three weeks! So I was
slightly worried about this appointment going into it! But I knew
everything would be ok! So we went and I was able to say everything I
wanted to say to Marina!! And I was able to understand her!! And I had
to translate for Sister Johnson!! It was incredible!! Marina was
surprised because the last time we had met was my third week in
Germany!! And the lesson was incredible!! Sister Johnson and I had
prepared a bunch of scriptures we would like to share in case the
lesson goes in certain directions... And we were able to use every
single scripture we had picked out because everything Marina was
saying fit so perfectly!! Marina knows this gospel is true!! But it's
again all about acting on it... She doesn't think she has the strength
to quit coffee or smoking! We were able to help her see that with
Christ she can quit anything if she sets her mind to it and acts!! It
was the coolest lesson and we are meeting with her again this week!!
Walking away from that lesson I felt so good! And Sister Johnson had
also felt really good! She said to me after, "That was the most German
I have spoken in a lesson... Ever. Thank you for asking me to bear
testimony about certain things at certain parts because I don't
understand people so I can't follow." Basically she's going through
the same problem I had. And I was so grateful that during the lesson I
was able to do for her the same things Sister Hendricks had done for
me. And it all helped me see how far I've actually progressed! And I'm
so grateful I was able to help her see that she will learn German...
It takes time but it will come! So cool!!

We had a lesson with the Wildes on Friday!! And with our Bulgarians!!
So awesome!! And then Saturday we had a lesson with our investigator
Britta. We were super busy this past week!! Which was great!! :)

I hope we are busy this week too!! This transfer is almost over!!! Two
more weeks in the 7 week transfer!! ;) hope you all have a great
week!!! :)

Liebe,
Sister Darton

Popular Posts