Berlin, Freiburg, Chemnitz, Leipzig Donuts... (June 6, 2016)

Rathaus with Sister Baird
Well this was quite the week! Sorry this is a lot but last week was crazy!!

So Monday I got up got packed and left for Berlin! I had to pick up my
new companion who was serving in Berlin at the time, and I had to drop
off Sister Kemsley who now serves in Berlin as STLT.

So I spent last Pday in Berlin!! It was awesome!! I got to see the
Berlin Wall!! I hope to go back to Berlin someday and just be able to
see everything. But we spent the day in the Mall of Berlin... Which is
by far my favorite mall ever!! It's pretty cool!! When I walked into
the Mall... I looked up and literally thought I was in city creek!!
The cool glass ceiling in city creek is the same in the Mall of
Berlin!! I now know where they got the design for City Creek haha!! ;)
That night we went by on a family in Berlin! They are so cool!! The
Mom is deaf the Dad is hard of hearing and the kids can all hear.
Sister Föger (my companion Sister Bairds old comp from Austria!) has
been deaf her whole life up until three years ago when she received
hearings aids! So the lesson was in sign language! Cool right? She
would translate everything we said into sign language and everything
they said into German! It was awesome. That is an incredible family!!
Tuesday we spent the day going by on all of sister Bairds recent
converts or investigators who she loves so dearly and had lessons with
them for her last time. It was so sad to see her say good bye to those
people she loves so much. But it was cool to be able to work in Berlin
for three days!
Wednesday we got up and went straight to Berlin Hauptbahnhof! We had
to get Sister Bosa on a train to Freiberg by 7 in the morning, then we
had to wait there until 11 for sister Fögers new companion, then we
had to wait until 12:30 for our train back to Hannover! I was really
excited to get back to Hannover. That's my home!

Thursday we had an awesome district meeting! Elder Whitaker is still
my district leader! He goes home this transfer. He gave a great Theme
on "I cannots" meaning the things we think we are incapable of doing,
or weaknesses we feel we can't overcome. He had us right these things
down on a piece of paper and then said, "Ok! Follow me!" And he walks
out of the room. We followed him outside where he told us to rip our
papers into pieces... Then he asked Elder Chadaz to dig a hole in the
ground behind our church building. We then had a funeral for our "I
cannots" and it was even included with a head stone! ;) it says, "here
lies I Cannot... Son of perdition." Haha! ;) it was really Cheesy but
the Theme itself was really good. Remember that we can do anything
with Christ! We can overcome any weakness... We can reach our full
potential... As long as we trust and put our faith in Him! When we act
on faith our hearts will begin to change. And our desire to become
more like Christ will grow. Man I love the gospel!

After District meeting we got on a train to Freiberg! It was six hours
to Freiberg! And it was so fun! Two random Elders serving in Osnabruck
happened to be on the train with us! So we sat with them the whole way
there. We pulled into Leipzig and the Elders said, "Have you sisters
had Leipzig donuts!?" And we were like, "No...??" And they freaked out
and said, "ok... We have 8 minutes before our train leaves from this
station... We are going to get you donuts so stay here!!" They jumped
up and ran off the train! They brought us back famous Leipzig
donuts... And I now realize why they are famous... They are AMAZING!!!
I never thought I'd love a donut so much!! They were filled with a
glorious vanilla cream... Oh meine gute... Anyway, stopped in Dresden,
switched trains and rode off the Freiberg! We walked through the
beautiful streets of Freiberg to the Sisters Apartment!! I love east
Germany!! It's so beautiful!!

Friday we woke up and walked to Tempel Platz!! I love the Freiberg
temple so so much. I hope that I will be apart of the open house
tours!! (I could use the prayers to be able to learn this language
well enough.) But when we arrived at MLC they realized I was the ONLY
STL companion that was there... Which means I had no one to stay with
for the day while my comp goes to MLC. I suggested along with others
who would actually be joining MLC that I join them for MLC... or like
sit in the hallway or something... But no. They literally told me I
was not allowed to even sit in a chair in the corner during MLC. So
guess what they did... They put me on a train to Chemnitz. They sent
me to Chemnitz all by myself while everyone stayed in Freiberg for the
next six hours!! It was quite the solution... ;) So I took a thirty
minute train ride to Chemnitz and spent the day with the three sisters
serving there. One of which is my oldest mission sisters! (Sister
Hendricks first trainee Sister Ballard) she goes home this transfer!!
It was really fun to get to know her!! We had a really fun day
together and I'm actually grateful I was able to go to Chemnitz!
Everyone who was at MLC ended up meeting me in Chemnitz and then from
there we took a train to Leipzig! And then returned home to Hannover
once more.

Sunday we had a lesson with our investigator Britta! And we invited
her to Baptism! She said yes. So if everything works out, and she
continues progressing and we are able to meet with her more often then
she will be baptized on July 2. Everyone please pray for her. There
are some things we need to work with and she gets kind of overwhelmed
at times! So pray for her that her mind and her heart may be opened
and she'll be able to understand everything!

Now, I do declare that is all I have to say for this week! I hope you
all have a great week!! I love you all and am praying for you always!!
Tschüß!!

Liebe,
Sister Darton

This is me being a politician... Yes... This podium was roped off!! ;)
Freiburg Temple💜

District Meeting


That face though:) 

Popular Posts