Sister...I Don't Think I'm in Hannover Anymore!! (July 11, 2016)


Sister Darton and Sister Baird on the 4th of July
In Hannover

Hallo fellow Americans!
How goes you!?

This week was quite interesting!! But a good one none the less!! ;)

So I said farewell to my place of birth this past week... Hannover.
Though it was hard I think the hardest part was saying goodbye to the
Metzigs and the wonderful missionaries I've become such good friends
with during my time there. But I am excited for my new adventure here
in Hohenstein!

I rode the train with all of the finishers (all those who have
finished their mission) and it was super weird but fun!! They were all
traveling towards their death... I don't think it had really hit them
yet! ;) But now they are all safe and at home and I'm so proud of
them. I had a few really amazing friends in that group. It is weird to
think they are home now!! :)

I made it to Hohenstein after about six hours of traveling!! And let
me tell ya... Hohenstein is VERY different from Hannover. In the best
way possible! Hohenstein is a little dorf here in East Germany. It has
a population of about 10,000 people... And about 9,000 of those people
are about 70 years of age or older. Of course I get called to the dorf
of old people!!! So basically... Everyone stays inside all day long!
We walk out on the streets and there is not one soul outside to talk
to... ;) haha!! It's kind of funny!! ;)

I am currently training and it is a lot of fun!! My trainee is Sister
Gomez Bravo! She comes out of Chile!! She's super cool!! We have a lot
of fun in this empty town!! ;) Not too much is going on here! So I am
sorry I don't really have much to say! We do a lot of finding here! ;)
Which is actually fun now that I can kind of speak German!! But here
in Hohenstein... They speak a very different German... So most of the
time I'm like... "What!?!" But it makes life interesting!! ;)

I'm grateful for my mission. Every single day I spend here is a
blessing no matter how the day goes. I love it here truly. I would
never trade this opportunity for anything in the world. Though I'm not
the perfect missionary... I try daily to be better and to do the Lords
work.

Have a good week everyone!! I hope everything is going well!! :) Make
good choices!! ;)

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton


Best Pday!! And best Fourth of July away from America!! ;)
Check out who was at the fair!!!! (No I am not talking about the kid photobombing my picture... But above him!!)
As you can see... I experienced major whiplash... ;) haha!!
This ride brought both of us so much pain the next day... Haha!! We were really sore!!
I was so ready!! ;) haha
Rides in Germany are five times faster then rides in America haha!! It hurts... ;)

The Metzigs and Schwester Horman ❤️
Sparklers and salty suckers
This....was so much fun!

Apparently Karl May was born here!! He's an author!! ;) 
Hohenstein (yes I took these pictures)
Notice there is no one on the street here haha!! ;)
It is such a pretty area though!!
Cool old abandoned building!! 


For all those bikers out there... ;) Andrea is holding a biker church service haha!!

Popular Posts