Freiburg! (August 8, 2016)

Freiburg Temple
Dear Family and Friends,

This week was wonderful! I have spent the week in Gera with my new
friend Sister Hope! She and I will be spending the next little bit
together as we wait for our trainees to arrive in Deutschland!

Tuesday we were in Gera and we were going by on a very large list of
less actives. Well finally... A less active answered the door and let
us in! The moment she opened the door I thought to myself, "Huh... She
kind of reminds me of a witch..." A minute later her black cat walks
around the corner... And I think to myself, "Oh... That's rather
suspicious..." Then we sit down with her we are talking having a jolly
good time... And I notice she has a serious skin condition all over
her legs and arms. Well, somewhere along the conversation she says,
"You know what? I had a dream a while back that I was a witch..." I
WAS RIGHT! She continued, "And in the dream I was burned at the
stake... And I woke up with this horrible burned skin... So I think
that's the reason I have this. Interesting huh?" She literally had
just confirmed what I had been thinking the whole time... She thinks
she's a witch. It was a very interesting appointment haha!

Thursday we had mission tour! So all of the missionaries serving in
East Germany went to Berlin... It was glorious to see all my friends
in one room! And I saw two people in particular who I hadn't seen
since my first transfer in the mission... Elder Gerlach and Sister
Garnett! It had been so long since I had seen those two crazy kids!
And Elder Gerlach goes home in 6 weeks! Glad I got to say goodbye
before he left. Mission tour was so incredible. President Charles an
area seventy from England  and his wife came and spoke to us! It was
incredible! Basically the most uplifting six hours of my life! And
their accents were just the cherry on top... ;) Couldn't stop speaking
in an English accent for hours... Haha! And President Charles sounds
and acts like Rex Harrison so basically I was expecting him to burst
into song at any moment! Unfortunately it didn't happen... But the
meeting was still so amazing! I learned so much!

Friday, we were in Hohenstein! We finished passing out every single
one our our Temple invites! And then for dinner we went to a Greek
Restaurant... It was quite the adventure. First off... We couldn't
understand the menus. Because not only was it in German... But it was
describing Greek meals (which I know nothing about...) in German! So I
pick a Gyro (turned out to be an incredible choice!!) with a Coke...
He asked me if I wanted my Coke large or small... I said large... But
I wasn't expecting a king size!! The thing was huge... But I was
grateful because there are no free refills in Germany... ;) Then we
continued to wait and wait and wait for our food... And to be nice the
man brought us... Shots... On the house... To pardon the wait. I said
to him, "Thank you! But we don't drink alcohol..." And he laughed and
walked away. So we set the shots aside and continued to wait. They
were talking about us behind the bar and laughing and suddenly he
comes walking back with two glasses filled with something red... He
said, "Ohne Alkohol! Es ist Kinder schnaps!" And we were like, "uh...
Ok..." And Sister Hope and I looked at each other and laughed pretty
hard. Needless to say... We didn't drink the kinder schnaps... ;)
Quite the experience! I offered it all to the group of potential
relief society women next to me! (Instead of Diet Coke... They had
their own bottles of Alkohol...) And they didn't want any of our free
Alkohol... So clearly he didn't even give us the good stuff for free!
Man... That was quite the experience. Hahaha!! But that food was dang
good! The flavor was so evenly distributed throughout the meal... It
was beautiful!

Ok... I need a moment to freak out... I SAW THE INSIDE OF THE FREIBERG
TEMPLE!!!!!!! It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I will
be working at the Freiberg temple until the 16th!!!!! I made it
everyone!!!!! I am so excited!!!! My job is to show temple videos to
everyone. Right now I am loving with nine sisters haha!! ;) We all
love each other sooooo much!! The nine of us have been in charge of
the VIP tours Saturday evening and today. Actual tours start on
Wednesday! It has been the best. The temple introduction video is
filmed at the Draper temple!!! It came on and I got so excited and
told every German in the room that was my temple!! ;) I love showing
those videos because I can entertain those Germans and make them laugh
all the day long! It's the best. And then after they see the video
they all stand up and walk out with tears in their eyes... Members or
non members... No joke! It has been such an incredible experience
serving there. I'm serving on Tempel Platz!!! I love you all! Thank
you for all your prayers.

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton
Freiburg with my favorite sisters!
My Girls!!;)
The Gospel Guns
My technical companion whom I love - Sister Ellis!


Outside my apartment in Hohenstein:)
Berlin❤
Her first Spaghetti Eis!!!

Popular Posts