Überziehschuhe! (August 15, 2016)



It has been such an amazing week here working at the temple. I would
like to share a few miracles we have seen working on Tempel Platz this
last week.

In Sacrament meeting a man got up and shared an experience about a
woman who wasn't a member came to the temple open house. Afterward she
had spoken to this man and had told him that her husband had died the
day before. And she had decided to come to the open house on a whim.
"After this experience," she said, "I know that I will see him again
and that he's ok." How incredible is that!?

Some Sisters and young women were in charge of überziehschuhe duty...
;) meaning they put the white shoe coverings on people as they went
into the temple. One lady who wasn't a member was about to take a
temple tour. As the sisters were putting shoe coverings on her feet
the lady turned to her friend laughed and said, "it is like Jesus
washing the feet!"

Sisters Ellis, Jacklin, and I were standing outside the temple as the
designated minglers... And this couple walks up to us and first looks
straight into Sister Ellis's eyes and said to her, "I have looked at
all of your eyes and they are all so clear and bright!" Then she turns
and looks straight into my eyes... Then into sister Jacklins eyes...
And she said, "Yep it's the same! All of your eyes are so bright and
beautiful and clear! Why is that!?" We responded explaining that it
was our desire to follow Christ and it is His light. Such a cool
experience!

I saw the Metzig Familie yesterday!!!! It has been since Hannover
(which wasn't that long ago... But feels like forever.) They came to
the temple open house and brought an investigator of mine from Hannover
whom I love!! I was able to go through the entire tour of the temple
with them... I was so happy!! I was so worried I was going to miss
them because I was in a video room with a tour... When suddenly out
the window I see Hanna and Ronja Metzig!!! So I waved and they see me
and immediately forgot what they were doing turned around and ran back
to Sister Metzig! As soon as the tour left my video room I got someone
to cover me and I ran outside! I see them all sitting on a bench
together playing Uno... I ran up to them and as soon as they saw me
they jumped up and gave me the biggest group hug! It was the best! The
Metzigs were there on Tempel Platz... I was so excited!! I was able to
go through the temple with this amazing family and Marina and
Mariella. And it was such a blessing!

It has been a good week! I love working at the temple. And I am sad I
have to leave it this week... But I am excited to get a trainee!! I
have made some amazing friends this week. And there is one dear friend
whom I've grown close to who happens to go home this week... Sister
Jacklin. In Hannover at least once a transfer I looked forward to
Tausch with Sister Jacklin and I got to serve with her for her last
two weeks... And we had a blast! I'm proud of her! And I wish her all
the best at home! It's going to be hard to leave these girls. I'm
grateful for the time I had with them! :)

That's about it for this week. If you haven't been to the temple in a
while... GO! It is a blessing. I miss the temple! And I can't wait
until Freiberg is finally dedicated! :)

Love you all! Have a wonderful week!!
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton

P.s. My group were in charge of VIP tours which was exciting because
we met the Sheikh of Turkey... That was exciting haha!! ;)
We have had the best week with Sister Fingerle! 

Cold Temple Tours
They all started laughing when they realized I was the only one "looking cold" I Thought it was the plan!!!!
 😂😂
The Metzig Family





You know you're a missionary in Germany when... 😂

Popular Posts