"You Don't Mess With Franky" (August 22, 2016)

Sachsenring!! 
Dearest Family and Friends,

Can I just say... The Lord loves you. He is always there for you... No
matter how alone, or inadequate you may feel. Your Heavenly Father
hears your prayers. I know this... Because He's heard an answered
mine. I'm grateful to my Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ...
I wouldn't be where I am without their guidance, love, and patience.

This week was a good week. Tuesday night all of us trainers had to go
to a hotel in Freiberg for the night. I was really sad that my time in
Freiberg was coming to an end... I love Freiberg! And the memories I
have made there will forever be in my heart! (And my journal... You're
welcome posterity!) ;) I loved each and everyday I had spent in
Freiberg! And it was really hard for me to leave it... Even after just
two weeks! But I hope and pray I will be able to go back and serve in
that area! :)

Wednesday we got up and did morgen sport with Sister Kemsley and
Menlove and also Sister Fingerle! It was a blast haha! That Johnson
and Johnson 7 minute workout was killer... ;) haha!
#dontforgettobreathe

Then we spent the day with the trainees and the rest of the trainers!
Although we had no idea who our trainee actually was... ;) We all
walked to Tempel Platz where I got to say goodbye to my dear friend
Sister Jacklin who is now home with her family! (So proud it's
ridiculous!) And then we were able to take a tour of the temple with
the trainees! I was glad I was able to see the temple again before I
left for Hohenstein. After the tour we took a group picture and went
back to the hotel for a few meetings... Then the time came to get our
trainees! The trainers formed a tunnel and sang, "Auserwählt zu
dienen" (called to serve) at the top of our lungs as the trainees
awkwardly walked through our tunnel... ;) haha! Then the trainers each
stood up and pointed to our area on the map... (My area is not on our
mission map... Awkward...) ;) and then told some things about the
area.

Endlich... The time came to announce who would be training who! My
trainee was the very first one announced! "Sister Swapp... You will be
serving in... Hohenstein with Sister Darton!!!" She happened to be
sitting directly in front of me! ;) haha! So my new trainee is Sister
Swapp! She is from Springville, Utah. She has a twin sister who is
actually currently serving in THE Mission! (Texas Houston East
Mission! The second best mission... You're welcome Dad!) ;) And boy is
she excited to be here haha! She's going to teach me a lot I can tell.
And I can't wait!

We've been doing well so far! (Other then our house being swarmed with
fruit flies... And when I say swarms... I mean plague status. Aber
NaJa... Mission life!) ;) haha! Our goal is to build this program back
to what it used to be many moons ago! So we've gotten to work straight
away! We've done lots of finding, and some cool "Seed Sowing"
activities! Last Saturday we decided to do something different... we
picked a street... And then picked four houses. And we put together
little packets which included a restoration pamphlet, our card, a
temple open house invite, and other info about the church. And we also
left a note with this pamphlet saying, "Hi from the Sisters! We wanted
to share with you something that is very special to us. So that it is
no surprise we wanted to leave you these pamphlets and such before
hand so that you can be familiar with some of our beliefs before we
come. We will be dropping by this Wednesday at (whatever time) to
answer any questions you have!" And then we left this note and little
packet of stuff in the mailbox of four houses we felt were prepared!
We prayed really hard so hopefully it all works out this Wednesday
haha! ;)

Last Tuesday a random guy called me wanting an appointment... So of
course I said, "Ja, Natürlich!" And set one up for Friday. We met with
him outside our tiny little mall in Hohenstein. His name is Frank
Richter and he loves his cat... Who is named Elvis. So as you might
have guessed... This man also really loves Elvis Presley! Hahaha! He
pulled out his photo album which were filled of pictures of his cat...
(Including the cats funeral...) It was an interesting meeting... ;) He
has been taught before by the missionaries about a year ago! And he's
been taught almost everything. But he still has lots of questions...
But it is basically his desire to have someone do his baptism in the
temple after he dies! ;) hahaha!! It doesn't work that way Sir... ;)
anyway, we answered his questions as best we could and set up another
appointment for this Thursday. As we were leaving the appointment he
said, "So... There is this sentence that I translated into English...
And I want to know if it is translated correctly... Could you come
look at it?" I said of course and we walked with him over to his car!
He pointed to his trunk window... so I went over to look. In the back
of his car was a shrine to Elvis Presley and written above the shrine
are the words, "You don't mess with Franky!" I now know why I'm in
Hohesntein... These are my people! ;) hahaha!!

Anyway, that's about it for the week. Bis Später! :)

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton!



"Sewing Seeds" 
Sister Swapp and her first Döner!!



Popular Posts