Hohenstein.... The Land of the Old

Brooke sent a picture of her shoes! Love this girls hard work and dedication. Good thing she is getting a new pair of shoes in the mail this week 😲

What is up America!? How are things!? :)

First off I would like to express how utterly disappointed I was to
hear BYU lost on Saturday. I was at an eating appointment yesterday
with some members and I informed them that BYU was playing Utah the
night before I was waiting to find out what happened... Well... They
looked up the score for me. Tears were shed...

Man did last week fly by!! We were super duper busy which was
fantastic!! We had Hohensteins very 1st street display last
Wednesday!! So that was super cool!! I wish that I had taken a picture
to document the 1st ever street display... But I didn't... Too bad.
Anyway, we had fun!! It was us, our GML and his wife, and the Hof
Elders and the Plauen Elders. We talked to A LOT of people which was
great!! And we even got one contact!! So we were pretty excited!! ;)

Tuesday night... We had the best lesson ever with our investigator
from the temple. His name is Wolfgang Schäfer! We brought our GML
Bruder Hengst with us... And boy did Bruder Hengst throw down the
gospel hammer! We taught the 1st lesson to him! And as soon as we got
on the topic of Priesthood Bruder Hengst whipped out his priesthood
line of authority and started to explain everything! Hahaha! We all
just kind of set there in "AWE!" ;) the Spirit was so incredibly
strong... And Herr Schäfer understood everything so well!! And by the
end of the lesson Her Schäfer asked, "Well, is anyone invited to
church?" At that moment Bruder Hengst sat straight up in his chair,
turned to Herr Schäfer and said, "Herr Schäfer, you are hereby invited
to come to church this Sunday!" And Herr Schäfer accepted. We were so
excited...!! Words honestly can't describe that appointment... It went
beautifully!!

Yesterday at church... We had three investigators there!! You heard
me... 3!!! Herr Schäfer was at church yesterday before anyone else
was!! Meaning... All the members were still at home and the church
building wasn't even open yet... That is how excited he was to go to
church... ;) He loved church too!! He was only planning on staying for
the first hour... But he ended up staying all three hours and stuck to
Bruder Hengst the whole time!! Those two have become good friends! ;)
We are meeting with him this Tuesday!!

Remember my 12 year old investigator that shook the hand of President
Uchtdorf two weeks ago?? Well her name is Clarissa, and her
Grandmother is Hildegard. They are both our investigators... But it is
really difficult to make appointments with them because of a
complicated situation with the Grandma. But! They come to church every
Sunday and have been since way before I got to Hohenstein. They have
been taught by missionaries since 2011... And they both want to be
baptized!! So yesterday... FINALLY... we have been able to set up an
appointment with them to finish the 4th lesson. (They only need the
last two lessons!!) And I am pleased to announce that they are on
baptismal date!!!!!!!! They will be getting baptized November 3rd!!!!!
(Kenzie and Stacy Nielsons birthday!!) I couldn't be more excited!! I
don't know if I will be here for their baptism... But it is good to
know I helped get them there!! :) We are going over tonight to
finalize the date and everything!! ;) Anyway, Good things are
happening!!

Kind of a cool thing happened today!! I was at Rossman going to print
off some pictures for my journal... And as I was walking towards to
computers I see this man and his wife printing pictures of the
Freiberg Temple! So I sat down next to them and asked if they visited
the temple open house! They said yes and I told them I was a member
and started answering their questions and basically taught them about
how the priesthood was restored to the earth! We gave them our phone
number and the address to the church!! So maybe that could turn into
something!!

This week is gonna go by really fast... We are going to Berlin on
Thursday and will be there all day long for the Trainer/Trainee
meeting! Saturday we are in Jena for a zone service project... We are
busy bees this week!! We have a lot of lessons to teach this week
which makes me happy!! Hohenstein is growing!! :)

Anyway, that's all for now!! Have a great week everyone!!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton

A 90 year old women we visited this week!! ;) I showed her a picture of my parents and she said, "Oh your mother looks beautiful... Absolutely beautiful." And then she looks at Dad and said, "and your father looks... Well... Like an American!" Bahahahaha!!! What's that supposed to mean!? 😂
I found the Tobals!!!!! They moved and they went missing for a while... But I found their new apartment!! ;)

Popular Posts