Hello World!!

We were laughing because of how ridiculous we looked... ;) haha!! Then the timer ran out haha! (I'm wearing a Gryffindor SnapBack! It's legit...)

Well ladies and gentlemen,

This week was quite the week! And whitewashing has become quite the
interesting experience for sure! ;)

We went finding all day every day this past week... ;) Needless to say
it was a very long week and we were mostly yelled at all week haha!
Sister Swapp and I are exhausted! But all of the work will eventually
pay off!

Here are some experiences we had while finding...

*klingle*
 "Ja, Hallo?"
"Hi! We are the Sisters from the Church of Jesu..."
"Get away from this building or I am calling the police!!!!!!"
Alrighty then... Nice talking to you too good sir! ;)

This experience though was the worst of the week. We klingle this lady
she let us in and we started baring testimony of the restoration, and
parts of the plan of salvation... The woman then immediately started
insulting us. She said, "You two girls are young... Young people these
days are just lazy! You don't use your brains!! You believe in God
right!? He had to have given you a brain!! Why don't you use it!?
Think about the things you tell people! It doesn't make sense! You say
you believe in these things... and that's it!! Nothing else matters
because you believe!! Well that's stupid. Why doesn't the Bible say
anything about the dinosaurs!?! None of it makes sense. You are
wasting your lives going door to door trying to get people to believe
what you believe!! You are young and stupid. You don't take a step
back and think!!" (These are all her words! Literally calling us
stupid and lazy too our faces.) I have been yelled at a million times
on my mission! Normally I just laugh and brush it off! But this woman
really made me very mad... And it took all my strength not to
retaliate. I just bore my testimony to her, Sister Swapp invited her
to read the Book of Mormon. We told her she would find the answers
there! And then we left! ;) I'm excited to see her in heaven someday
and ask, "now does it all make sense?" ;)

So those were two very unfortunate cases in our week... ;) haha!! But
here are two good ones!!

About ten minutes after the experience with that woman... God blessed
us with a tender mercy! ;) (It's actually just kind of funny but it
made my day!) We started klingle yet again and as I am doing so I
notice these two Jehovahs Witnesses across the street! And then they
noticed us... And then they started walking towards us... So I thought
to myself, "This could either be a bible bash... Or a good
experience..." Luckily it was a good experience!! These two Russian
Jehovahs Witnesses walked up to us and said, "Where are you from?" We
told them America and they asked, "So you are here from America to
preach?" And we replied with an enthusiastic, "YES!" They said, "Oh!
Us too! We are Jehovahs Witnesses from Russia and we are preaching as
well!" We were like, "Wow! That is so cool!" They continued to tell us
more about them and then they literally handed me a JDubb invitation
to their yearly sacrament! (I taped it into my journal!) I was dying
haha! Especially since it was like a missionary show down in this
random neighborhood in Leipzig! I graciously accepted the invite, and
then I said, "Now that I think about it... We happen to have two
invitations for you too!" I then handed each of them a pass along card
with the address of our church on it!! And they were like, "Wow!
Thanks!" As we parted ways my new JDubb friend Vladmire said, "Are you
two Mormon?" And we said we were and he then said, "Wow... We've never
spoken to actual Mormons before!" Sister Swapp and I were their first
Mormons! And it was a successful experience I due declare!! ;) haha!!

The other good experience I have to share is this one lady we klingled
on Saturday. She poked her head out of her window to talk with us! She
unfortunately had no interest but was very very kind to us and wished
us all the best! She informed us that she had studied Christian
Psychology! So we said, "Wow! Have you heard of the Mormons?" And she
responded by saying she had only heard a little bit. So we were like,
"Oh! Well we are Mormon!" And then talked to her about it for a bit
and then parted ways... As we klingled the next building I had the
thought that we needed to go back and give her a Book of Mormon to
study! So we went back and gave her the Book of Mormon and told her if
she had any questions to give us a call! I hope something will come of
it someday! ;) But it was a cool experience for us!

Every Monday evening we have FHE at the RIZ (Religious Institute
Zentrum I think it stands for!) but... Turns out it is the FHE for the
single adults 30 and older! Which would be fine except two people show
up... One of them has to be in his 80's... ;) The other one is also of
the older generations... ;) And the teacher is very interesting haha!
But... It's not even like gospel related... Last week we watched an
hour long movie about the brain!!! And how to keep your brain mentally
healthy so that you don't go crazy in your old age!! I was dying!!! I
couldn't sit there much longer... The movie was soooo boring!! Not to
mention... The teacher fell asleep for the whole thing!! Elder
Anderson had to force himself to sneeze to wake the teacher up!! It
was quite the FHE experience... ;) I wonder how it's gonna go
tonight... ;)

This week we have lots going on so we think it should go more
smoothly!! We have ZTM, FHE, Institute, and hockey this Friday night!!
;) so ya... We are excited about this week!!

We didn't watch conference yesterday... We are watching the fourth
session next week!!! We are all dying to see it!!! ;)

Anyway, that was our week!! Hope you are all doing well!! Thanks for
all the prayers and such in our behalf!! It helps a lot!!

Love you all!!

-Sister Darton

We got these cool jackets today... We were pretty excited!! 😂
Thomas Kirche!
Bach's Grave
Bach
The Rathaus! 

Popular Posts