Howdy! (October 24, 2016)

Typical day in Leipzig! Yes, my hat is fantastic... I am aware. Thank you! ;) haha!

Hey everyone!

Another week in Leipzig has come to an end. It was quite the week let
me tell ya! But unfortunately there isn't much to say! ;) I will do my
best to make this email exciting!

Monday night we had a lovely FHE! I had to give the spiritual thought
at the beginning and then we watched a video... About eye health...
And how to keep your eyes healthy in your old age... Luckily just as I
was about to fall asleep our pal Gazmund (A member from Albania
currently living in Germany... Kind of a long story! But he is every
missionaries best friend!) walked in the door and kept us entertained
the through the rest of the film haha!

Tuesday morning... I woke up with... The plague. Otherwise known as...
The common cold. Tuesday is wasn't so bad... But throughout the week
it got really really bad! I had a fever and my eyes were watering like
the dickens!! Death was upon me... Luckily Sunday I started feeling
better! But Sister Swapp has it now... Great Scott.

We taught English Wednesday night at the RIZ like we do every
Wednesday! It's always so much fun! We teach three older ladies haha!
But this last Wednesday we had a couple more people show up! So that
was cool!

Thursday I hit nine months!!! Crazy right!? I woke up and it felt like
Christmas!! It was very exciting haha! Sister Swapp had decorated the
wall in front of my desk with all sorts of lovely drawings haha! It
was great! We celebrated throughout the day! I made crepes for lunch,
we went and got ice cream at some point in the day! I can't remember
anything else that we did... But it was a good day! ;)

Friday we played hockey again with a bunch of members and two other
Elders in our area! It was so much fun! Even though I was extremely
ill sneezing, coughing, and wiping my eyes/nose the entire time... It
was worth it! Boy did we need some sport in our lives!

Saturday we finally had an appointment... Hazah!! We had been blessed
with a miracle!! You see... All week long... We would have an
appointment and everything would be dandy... And then we were stood
up! Either they didn't show up, didn't answer their door, or they
"left Leipzig and will be back on Sunday!" And everyone single one of
these people had made out the appointment with us and knew we were
coming. Haha! So Friday we had an appointment with a earlier
investigator and she didn't answer the door when we showed up... So
Saturday we decided to go by on her and see what the deal was... She
answered the door!! And we had the first and second lesson with her
and her friend right there!! It was glorious!! My first actual
appointment since Hohenstein!! Sister Swapp and I left that
appointment and rejoiced! Unfortunately Caroli (the investigator) is
leaving to the Congo to visit family for the next ten days... So we
have to wait a couple weeks to meet again... ;) But it was trotz dem
fantastic!!

Anyway, this week we have many appointments set up! So hopefully they
all work out and we are actually able to meet with these people haha!
We are excited for whatever comes our way! ;)

Have a great week everyone!! Love you all!!! :)

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton

Nine months later... And Sister Darton is "Still Kicking It!" ;) haha!

This is what Sister Swapp did on my nine month mark! Haha! "nine more months until tacos and pants!" 
Me and Marc with my high school ;)

Popular Posts