Nine Months Down! (October 17, 2016)

This is me saying, "I made it nine months!!!!!" 

Dearest Friends and Family,

Well, here we are folks. Nine months ago this Thursday I embarked on
the adventure of a lifetime. Where has the time gone? I've had many
experiences throughout these nine months that have been life changing,
hysterical, awkward, and all around incredible. This has truly been a
once in a lifetime opportunity... And yet here I am... Half way
through. I have learned so much! And yet have so much left to learn...
I hope that by the end of it all I will have fulfilled my purpose and
have made my Father in Heaven proud.

I have learned many things throughout my past nine months. But I wish
to only share with you one... Because this lesson learned I hold very
close to my heart. My mission has put life into perspective for me...
And has helped me to see how precious life is. Life truly is short...
And it goes by so fast! We only get one chance at mortality. I have
come to realize how important it is to savor each moment with those we
love. Because someday those we love might not be there. I have come to
appreciate each day of life so much more! Rather than looking forward
for things to come. In a talk given by President Monson in October
2008, he quotes a classic musical called The Music Man. In it one of
the more prominent characters makes a profound statement, "You pile up
enough tomorrow's, and you'll find you've collected a lot of empty
yesterday's." My goal is to never look back and see that I've
collected empty yesterday's! I want to live each day as it comes... No
matter how busy life gets, or how difficult it may seem! I want to
take the time during each day to spend with those I love. At the end
of my life I want to look back and remember the memories I've shared,
the lessons learned, and the blessings received each day of my life.
In President Monsons talk mentioned earlier he quoted the Roman
Philosopher Horace who said, "Whatever hour God has blessed you with,
take it with grateful hand, nor postpone your joys from year to year,
so that in whatever place you have been, you may say that you have
lived happily.”

I want to make it clear that I love my mission. I wouldn't trade
anything I have experienced. It's been a very special time for me.
There have been difficult, there have been moments of sadness, trials,
etc. But then come those happy moments... Finding a new investigator,
and watching/helping others grow closer to Christ, the memories I've
made here, and the people I have met... These are the things that make
each day worth it. And these are the things that carry me through the
next nine months along with my testimony of this gospel.

I know Christ lives. He stands by each one of us daily. He has stood
by me each step of the way as I have tried each day to help the people
of Germany. I know that He loves me no matter what. And as long as I
reach out to Him and ask for His help... He will always be there. This
is His holy work... And He will not allow me to fail. Sure I make
mistakes, sure I've had times of weakness. But as I work each day to
recognize it, and turn everything over to Him... He will take each
weakness and turn it into a strength! I am grateful for that
knowledge.

I have an ever growing testimony of the Book of Mormon and the power
found within its pages. Each day as I take the time to read the Book
of Mormon I discover something new. I know that this book is the
keystone to our religion. If your faith at this point in time may be
lacking, or if you are honestly searching for truth and comfort in
your life... I urge you and invite you to read the Book of Mormon.
Start today! Within its pages... Within the stories told... I promise
you will find the answers to the questions which weigh heavily on your
mind and in your heart. Take the promise found in Moroni chapter 10 to
heart... You will find the comfort you need, and your faith will grow
as you act upon the principles of the Gospel taught in the Book of
Mormon!

It's been a wild ride! I don't know where the next nine months are
gonna take me, and what adventures await me... But whatever happens...
The Lord is in it! :) I'm excited to continue this journey. I thank
you for the support and prayers I have received from all of you! It
means the world to me. Nine months until I'm with y'all again! Bis
dann!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton

This is my nine month mark birthday picture... ;) hahaha!!!

The Opera house playing the Opera I want to see!!!

The true Leipzig zone!

This is what we did today for Pday! Völkerschlacht Denkmal! The place is literally an Indiana Jones movie! Soooo cool!!


This is me in the Crypt!!

Another picture of the Crypt! And the mysterious old man in the background... Haha!

Panorama of the Crypt!!

The view from Halfway up Völkerschlacht Denkmal! 

Another view! I went to the very top of that... With stairs... Haha!

Halfway up Völkerschlacht Denkmal! ;)

Sister Swapp likes to take secret pictures of me while I'm in my happy place...

I made German knödeln for the first time!! It was a success... (It's not that hard...) haha!!

Leipzig zone training meeting

October 14th, 2016: A collage of the Thanksgiving event with the missionaries. With Elders Drazin and Anderson & Sisters Darton and Swapp.

Popular Posts