Happy Holidays! (November 28, 2016)

Swappy and I at the Weinachtsmarkt! 🎄 


Dearest Family and Friends,

My heart is full. Words can't not describe how grateful I am for the
family God has blessed me with, and for the friends he has brought
into my life. I don't know if I deserve such blessings... but I sure
am grateful for all of you who so lovingly support me through the many
weeks and months of my experience here in Germany. Thank you so much.

This week was very good! Here are some highlights!

First off... let me just inform you of a wonderful woman named
Schwester Pfannkuchen! (For those of you who do not speak the
Celestial language... Pfannkuchen means Pancake! Her name is literally
Sister Pancake!) We showed up at her house for a member appointment
and it was the best! This woman is filled with enthusiasm! (Her one
flaw is that she doesn't like tacos...) ;) We spent the evening
laughing and having heart to hearts. This woman is so sweet! And
hysterical! On Sunday she brought us Advent Calendars! It was so kind
of her... and today for Pday we went up to where she works to visit
her! (She works at the Panorama tower here in Leipzig) she gave us
free hot chocolate and a panoramic tour of Leipzig haha! She is such a
sweet woman!

Thanksgiving was wonderful because we had our Schwester Pfannkuchen
appointment! But also... we got to have a District Thanksgiving
dinner!! Our district a Mexican restaurant here in Leipzig... we all
walked away rather disappointed... But being together on this
wonderful Holiday was all a Sister could ask for! Plus, we all thought
it was hysterical that we were eating Mexican food, on an American
holiday, in Germany... ;) hahaha!!

Friday was Zone conference!! It was incredible and we kick-Started our
anew Christmas initiative! If you haven't seen the new Christmas
video... watch it now!! I learned so much from ZoKo and I am so
grateful I get to be apart of this great work. Plus, I got to see my
old companions! (Sisters Kemsley and Baird!) and of course my dear
three day companion Sister Hope! At the end of ZoKo... My dear pal
Sister Sommerfeld (our new STLT) came up to me as ZoKo was ending and
whispered to me, "Presdient and Sister Fingerle have asked that you
give your testimony at the end of conference... will you please go sit
on the stand?" Haha my first thought was... Great Scott... but I went
up and sat on the stand... I was so incredibly grateful for the
opportunity I had to bare my testimony of the Savior and His church
upon the earth.

I love this gospel. I love being a missionary. The gospel is true.
I love you all!! Thanks for everything!!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton

P.S. Those of you who have not experienced Christmas in Germany... you
should get over here ASAP!! You gotta see this... :)

My Kinderpunsch with Kartoffelpuffer mit Apfelmus! It was all... DELICIOUS! The best part was the kinderpunsch though... ;)

Merry Christmas everybody!

Panorama Tower! Photo Credit: Schwester Pfannkuchen!

Leipzig!

Popular Posts