So I Hear You've Been Trumped!

The original Hannover Crew reunites! (R.I.P. Elder Gerlach, Sister Hendricks, and Sister Sandstrom)


Howdy y'all! :)

What a week! Another transfer has come and gone... and a new one has begun! Wednesday was transfers and Leipzig was completely whitewashed! (Except Sister Swapp and I) it was a crazy day! A boat load of missionaries coming through Leipzig to switch trains to get to their new area. And of course our wonderful Mark Schultz was there the whole day informing every missionary that Trump won! As if we couldn't read every sign in Bahnhof telling us all about it haha! ;) I luckily got to see the one and only Elder Gibbs one more time before he heads home! And I got to see Sister Kemsley my old comp who was transferred from Berlin to my last area Hohenstein! Hahaha! We had three sisters sleeping over at our apartment the night before because they had to travel 8 hours from their last area to their new one... or to pick up a trainee! So considering we only had four mattresses and there were five of us... I slept on a chair! ;) Which actually isn't too unusual haha! 

We are so excited for our new district! Words can't describe how excited we are to have these four new elders here! We had the best district meeting Saturday night and afterward had a fantastic district dinner! I love this new district! We have the zone leaders Elder Day (our recent AP) and Elder Smith (former Osnabruck zone leader) and we have the wonderful Elders Neale from Houston Texas and Elder Riggs from Hooper Utah! ;) We have had a great time together so far! And I can not wait to work with them! Too bad this transfer is only five weeks...

Oh dear investigator from Hohenstein (my last area) Herr Schäfer is getting baptized this Saturday! I am so so excited! From the moment Sister Swapp and I met him we knew he'd be baptized! His desire to know and serve God is so strong! We are so proud of him! 

Anyway, not much else going on... it's freezing cold here, Christmas market opens next Monday. Oh actually! A vampire man... whom I do declare aspires to be a woman... with crazy contacts stopped us in the mall Saturday as we were coming from district lunch! He stopped Elder Smith and asked, "Are you Mormons!?" Elder Smith responds, "Yes, we are!" The Vampire responded quite sassily, "Then why are you wearing an iron cross!? How dare you!! Why are you wearing an iron cross!?" Elder Smith (whom might I add has been on his mission for about a year and a half and speaks very good German) pretended not to understand him... and the vampire then asked, " Do you speak German!?" At which point Elder Smith points to his companion and says, "He can!" Bahaha!! Poor Elder Day then had to explain to the vampire that he wasn't wearing an iron cross... but it was in fact a name tag! Hahaha! Our new vampire friend then looks at it closer... realizes Elder Day was correct and then shakes his finger at Elder Smith and says, "You better watch out!" And then walks away... hahahaha!! We all stood there a little longer just to think about what we had experienced... ;) hahaha!!
Oh! I was also confronted by a drunk man yesterday! So you could say things are great in Leipzig haha! ;) 

That's all for now I think! Until next week my friends! :)

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton

We had a good day! 


My pals!


Me preaching to the City of Leipzig! ;)

My Pal Elder Riggs! (If you look at my eyes they are two different colors!)

The new district with our Fritz Cola! Moments before meeting our vampire friend!

The infamous Elder Gibbs! One of the greats!

Popular Posts