Happy New Year!!🎉



Well ladies and gents... here we are! I can't believe it is 2017! That
is unbelievable! Where did the time go?

This week we had a lovely appointment for New Years Eve with the
Burkhardts in our ward! We ate some fancy Swedish dinner that no one
can spell... but it is apparently tradition and it is super duper
awesome! I have pictures no worries haha! And we watched the fireworks
and we did some crazy indoor ones and we played Uno and we had so much
fun! It was so great... and a lot of wonderful pictures and Memes came
out of it haha! ;)

Now let me tell you a little about New Years in Germany... it's nuts!
Absolutely crazy! My entire mission people had been telling me about
New Years here and how crazy it is! And they were definitely
correct... people all day long were setting off fireworks... but it
didn't really begin until... midnight. Sister Baldwin and I were fast
asleep in our beds... when suddenly as soon as midnight struck...
BOOM! 💥 BANG! We both woke up immediately! It was so incredibly
loud!! People all up and down our street were setting them off! And
they were huge and sounded like bombs! They were so loud! We were
flabbergasted! It was... AWESOME!! I have never experienced such a
thing! They were going nuts outside! And the next morning as we are
walking to church... the remnants were everywhere! It was definitely a
war zone... I love New Years in Germany! Haha!

We have 7 new investigators from Iran! That's kind of cool! They are
all Christian already! We also teach them German! They are all family!
It was very complicated to figure out because they all just kind of
came out of nowhere! ;) haha!

Anyway, it was a great week filled with lots of good memories and
really weird lessons... Catholic ladies inviting us in and then asking
the same question over and over even though we have answered it a
million times in different ways! African appointments, Tausch with the
Nordhausen Sisters, etc. I love this transfer so much! I love Halle
and I love my companion and I love my new calling as STL! It's been
great!

Anyway, I love you all!! Happy 2017!! I'll see you all this year!! :)

Love,
Sister Darton

New Years! This is that thing I couldn't spell! 












Popular Posts