Sweet Home Hallébama! (January 31, 2017)

Saying goodbye to our wonderful investigator Anna!


Well folks.... lots of crazy things happened this week.

First! We had a world wide missionary broadcast last... and they made
new changes to the daily missionary schedule! IT WAS NUTS! Super
excited about it! They changed the daily schedule so that we have more
flexibility and be more productive, we also have ten hour Pdays!!!! It
was so exciting! And they changed our key indicators! We only have
four key indicators now... ;) haha! It's pretty awesome!!

Now let me tell you about the rest of our week...  Wednesday night we
were supposed to stay the night in Dresden because we were going to
the Temple the next morning for MLC! Well... we couldn't stay the
night there because we ended up having a very important appointment
with Sabine and Florian (our Miracle investigators who showed up to
church one Sunday) we haven't been able to meet them for about a
month! So we met with them Wednesday night and had an awesome lesson!
Then we spent the night in Leipzig with Sisters Swapp and Wayment!

Friday morning... we had to get up at four in the morning to make it
to Freiberg! When we got to Freiberg we had to run from Bahnhof... to
the temple. We finally got to the temple sweating... and feet
bleeding... and we were given the opportunity to go do a session in
the temple! I was so excited! Then we had MLC! Which was awesome! My
first MLC which I have actually been able to attend haha!

After MLC we had to hop on a train and go straight to Zwickau where we
had a Stake Member Missionary Meeting! And I got to see like four
different members from Hohenstein! Plus I got to see Sister Kemsley!
It was awesome! But Sister Baldwin and I were dying of exhaustion and
pain due to the amount of traveling and running through Germany we had
done that day... since four o'clock that morning! We had to stay the
night that night in Zwickau!

Saturday morning... we had to get up at four in the morning... again!
And go ALL THE WAY back to Halle! And pick up Karla (a less active)
Jana (a new convert) and Mariella (an investigator) and take them ALL
THE WAY back to Freiberg! So that we could all take a temple tour! We
traveled so far in just those two days... and then we got to the
temple... FINALY! We had a wonderful time at the temple... and then we
had to walk... with our poor less active who's health isn't doing to
well... all the way back to the Bahnhof because a bus wasn't coming...
it took about an hour and a half in the freezing cold... to get there.
We were exhausted.

After all of these adventures... and after getting up at four in the
morning two days in a row... we get... THE CALL. Yes, transfer
calls...

Ladies and Gentlemen... after only seven weeks in my beautiful city of
Halle... I have been transferred to Freiberg. I have always wanted to
serve in Freiberg! Especially because the temple is there! But I am
very sad to be leaving Halle so soon... as for Sister Baldwin, one of
my best pals from my mission, is staying in Halle for her fourth
transfer! So crazy... my new companion will be Sister Jackson who I
will probably be with until she dies in April! (Only two transfers!
She is in Sister Kemsleys group!) I'm excited to be with her! And I'm
also excited because two of my best friends Sister Baird and Sister
Hope are in our district in Dresden!!! I can't wait!

This news was bitter sweet... but I'll go where the Lord needs me. I'm
grateful for the time I had in Halle... and with Sister Baldwin! But
I'm ready for new adventures! Bring it on!

Love you all!! Have a great week!! :)

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton

Tuesday we also had "Mission Wide Apartment Cleaning Day" so we hard
core cleaned the apartment Tuesday night... ;)

4:00am....

Me, Jana, and Mariella!

Me and my pal Sister Baldwin! (Hours before I found out I was being
transferred to the temple!)

Freiberg Temple Tour!

Mission Leadership Council 



Popular Posts