The Lords Work!

Chocolate Factory


Hey Everyone!

Can I just say... I love this gospel! I absolutely love it. I just
want to share it with every single person! This week I have seen the
Lords hand in my life this week so many times... it was incredible! I
just want to say... if you are having any doubts whatsoever... or if
you can't see the Lord in your life. Or you have stopped trying and
have decided He isn't there or whatever the case may be... I want you
to stop. And try again! Read the Book of Mormon one more time, Pray to
Heavenly Father morning and night until you feel His presence. And I
promise you that if you do these simple things... You will be blessed!
And you will know that God is there! He is!! And He loves you! So I
invite you... to try again!

Now, I love Halle so much! I have never had so much success from my
mission! And I think most of this success is coming from the faith and
dedication of my companion! She is working miracles!!

Last Tuesday we had bible stunde here at the church... and it was
super weird... but my favorite member Carola (who is blind) was there!
We told her that we would bring her home after bible stunde...
apparently we took her in a different way... so she said, "Well might
as well go get hot chocolate!" So... Carola, the blind woman, guided
us through the city of Halle to her favorite hot chocolate restaurant!
Haha! I just thought it was hysterical that she new exactly what
street we were on and where to go... and she can't see anything! The
Hot chocolate was basically pudding... and it was INCREDIBLE! We had
such a fun evening with Carola and I was just so happy and felt so
much love for this sweet new friend I made here! And as we were
heading home on the Bahn later that night some girl who looks about
our age gets on the Bahn with a guitar and a ukele! So... out of
nowhere... I just start asking her about her guitar, how she learned,
etc. I don't think I have ever spoken that easily to a complete
stranger before. It was as if we had been friends for years! And
before I knew it... and without even asking for it... she handed me
her cell phone number! It was the most miracle moment ever! I was so
incredibly happy.

We ended up finding about four potential investigators this week!
Which is incredible!! And in the past four weeks of my time in Halle
we have found a total of Thirteen new people to teach! That is a
number I have never seen on my mission. I don't think I have ever
found that many people in one transfer. Halle is definitely prepared
for the message of the gospel! And the Lord is bringing them our way!

President has now given us money and permission to go eat at the
University's to try and bring people our age to the gospel and to
build friendships and to find people that way! We are all really
excited about it!

Yesterday... church was nuts! Because the Leipzig Ward now needs to
combine with our ward for the year! So... yesterday I saw all of my
dear Leipzig friends! But the building here in Halle is so small... we
all barely fit! It was a little warm... but so cool to have so many
people I know from two areas in one room! Haha! It was awesome!

That's about it for now!!

I love Halle!
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton

We had our first snow this week... it was freezing. We are trying to look happy about snow in this picture... haha! ;) 



Today for Pday we went to the oldest chocolate factory in Germany! Right in our own little Halle! ❤️


Map of Halle!


Chocolate model of the factory!

I was looking at something else... and all of a sudden I hear a large "gasp!!!" behind me!! So I turn around and see this... Sister Baldwin staring longingly at the chocolate fountain... Bahaha!!

We had to take a picture with the chocolate fountain! 

Chocolate Forms

Marzipan Form from 1895! ;)


Life-size piano made out of chocolate! Haha!

This... Is all made out of chocolate...




Hot Chocolate with Carola!

Popular Posts