We reenacted the picture of my Mom and my Aunt Stephie
when they were at the Freiberg temple! :)


Hello dearest Family and Friends!


Liebe Grüße aus Freiberg!


 Not too much happened this week if I am remembering correctly... ;)


Tuesday we had interviews with President. I just need to say... President is a very good man. We had a wonderful day with him and Sister Fingerle on Tuesday.

It all started by getting on a train at seven in the morning to get to Dresden for our District Leader School (STLs take part in it for support I guess... haha) we made Zone Goals for the transfer with the Zone leaders and all of the district leaders in Temple Zone. It was pretty cool! Afterwards, we had district meeting and Sister Fingerle came with us to district meeting. It is always so much fun to have her around! We had a grand old time talking to her about life, the new Star Wars movie, my addiction to Pepsi, etc. etc. etc. ;) haha! It was really a lot of fun!


Then Sister Fingerle and President drove us back to Freiberg to finish interviews. So we got to ask Sister Fingerle all sorts of questions and President told us that he wouldn't listen... he totally did! ;) haha!

I had a wonderful interview with President later that evening! He told me a story from his mission and he really applied it to my current circumstances etc. it was so great! My love and appreciation for him and Sister Fingerle grew that day! I'm grateful I got to spend a whole day with them!


After that we had an eating appointment with two lovely Temple Missionaries from Snowflake, Arizona! Oh my word it was so so so so so wonderful! That was my first American eating appointment... EVER! They were so adorable and this is like their third mission together! (The wife is originally from Hungary so they served two missions there and now they are Temple Missionaries!) it was so much fun to be with them! It was his birthday Saturday so we went to their apartment at the Temple Herberger and sang happy birthday to him! They then invited us in to eat cake and celebrate!


Honestly one of my favorite parts about serving in Freiberg are all those sweet Temple Missionaries! Every Sunday they come running up to us and giving us big hugs and telling us about all the things they have seen, or the cute little parties they all put on for each other, etc. I love it! Sister Jackson and I are so happy we get to be here with them!


Anyway, just one more thing to update all of you on! When I was in Leipzig we were teaching two people. Shiva (girlfriend of a recent convert named Manuel) and Ronny (friend of Manuels) I only taught them maybe three or four times. And every time we taught them during second hour of church with other members so I didn't do anything huge! But Ronny has decided to get baptized and he will be getting baptized this Friday! Well... two weeks ago Ronny came to the Temple with Renee from Leipzig (a member there!) and they got a temple tour. So they informed me of the Taufe and invited me to it and I said that since it's not in my zone it probably wouldn't be possible... well, Saturday I received a phone call from Elder Redding in Leipzig and here is how our conversation went...


Elder Redding: "Hi a Sister Darton! Sooo... Ronny wants you to speak at his baptism..."

Me: "What!? That's strange..."

Elder Redding: "Why?"

Me: "Because I only taught him three or four times..."

Elder Redding: "Well... he seems to be a fan!"


So... after that conversation I agreed to speak at the baptism. Then I called the Leipzig sisters which is my daughter Sister Swapp and my pal Sister Wayment to try and clear up my confusion... here is how that conversation went...


Sisters Swapp and Wayment: "He told us that when he saw you in Freiberg it was like an angel had entered the room..."

Me: "What!?!?!?!? Uh oh..."

Sisters Swapp and Wayment: "Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!"


So... this Friday I will be speaking at a baptism for an old investigator of mine in Köthen! (In the näher from Halle!) and Sister Swapp (my daughter) will be speaking with me! So it's kind of like a mother daughter thing! ;) haha! It will be quite the adventure... but that is my funny story for the week! Hope you gotta a good laugh out of it... I know I did! ;) haha!


Oh! Also! We went and visited a very sweet 96 year old woman! And the only way to get to her house... was through a very creepy, dark, long tunnel under the train tracks... pictures included! Haha! ;)


Love you all! Have a great week! Just so you all know... I love the Gospel. And I especially love being a missionary. It is the most special experience I have ever had. And I would not trade the past year of my life for anything! I love being a servant of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Who loves each one of us! And I have been given the opportunity to work with Him side by side... brining the people of Germany to the knowledge of this glorious Gospel! He lives! I know it! And without Him... I wouldn't have made it this far! Love you all! See you in five months from tomorrow!


Liebe Grüße,

Sister Darton



She's taking weird pictures of me!! This looks like a green screen... but it's Freiberg!!



Popular Posts