Hey Everyone! (February 6, 2017)

My New Friend in Freiberg! :)

Hey there world!


I hope everyone is doing well!


This week was pretty crazy! I made it to Freiberg! The journey there was a little boring because I was traveling by myself the whole time... but the best part was when I hit the train station in Freiberg. No one was there to pick me up... so after about ten minutes of waiting by myself... I found a phone I could use and called my last companion, Sister Baldwin, and asked her to call the Freiberg sisters who were supposed to meet me and just let them know I was at Bahnhof... haha! One hour later I see my mission Presidents Wife, Sister Fingerle, walk in to the station to pick me up! She gave me a big hug and drove me to the Regenbogan hotel in Freiberg where all of the new missionaries stay the night and also all the missionaries going home stay for a few days! I then had to wait two more hours with sweet little Sister Ball who I one of the office missionary couples. But yes... eventually the sisters made it! They were all in Dresden and apparently there was a big problem so there were no trains going for about five hours! So the sisters and a few other missionaries were trapped in Dresden... that's why no one was there to meet me! Because instead of going through Dresden... I went the other way through Chemnitz Haha! It was quite the day!


Freiberg so far had been good to me! Let me tell you a little bit about what we do. So I am still an STL so I work with the Sisters still. And I am also a temple sister. So that means two hours a day on weekdays and four hours on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) we are at the temple to do "temple tours" so if anyone shows up to the temple and wants a tour, or if missionaries bring investigators for a tour... then we take them on a temple tour in the church building and teach them about temples, what they are, why the are important, why they are so important to Christ, and we also talk about the history of the Freiberg temple! It is pretty cool! I enjoy being at the temple every day!


Freiday i got to go help out the Dresden sisters because they double booked appointments. The sisters there are Sister Baird and Sister Hope! I was so excited! They are both in my district so I see them every week... but I got to teach the first lesson to a group of young women who brought a potential investigator with them! It was so awesome! And I got to teach it with Sister Baird! Just like the old days in Hannover! ;) haha! It was so much fun!


Speaking of Hannover... Friday night I received a call from who? The Metzigs aus Hannover! Oh my word I was so excited! They told me they were on their way to Freiberg to visit the temple! So Saturday as we were sitting in the Gemeinde Haus waiting to give temples tours... the Metzigs came walking in! I was so excited! They made us potato soup and brought me HOME MADE Metzig bread! All of it tasted incredible! I got to talk with them about life for a little while before they traveled back to Hannover! I was so happy I got to see them and catch up! I miss that sweet family so much! They make every missionary feel at home and feel loved. I wish everyone could meet them!


That's about it from here... Freiberg is a very sweet little town. It has tons of snow... so that's not cool. But whatever haha! ;) the Ward here is awesome! I work in a ward and a branch! And it's great because all of the American temple missionaries are in the branch! So much fun! There are lots of Americans who married Germans in the Ward too haha! It's fantastic! :)


Anyway, that's Freiberg basically! I love being a missionary! :) I'm gonna miss this.


Love you all! Have a great week!

Liebe Grüße,

Sister Darton

Beatles Museum last week! (Last Pday in Halle!)

Beatles

STAR-CLUB in Hamburg

Best Museum Ever



All sorts of Beatles memorabilia!

I joined the band!



My short term companion Sister Ball! (While waiting for everyone to get to Freiberg!)

I love the Metzigs! ❤️



Popular Posts