I Love Being a Missionary



Hey everyone!


This week we were traveling the country... so we were pretty busy. But nothing too exciting happened. We had Tausch in Berlin with the STLTs that was pretty fun! We had a Valentine's Day Straße Ausstellung and handed out candy stapled to pass along cards haha! And we had a chalk drawing which ended up looking pretty good! The people were very excited about it! One lady came up and said, "Ohhhh no one has drawn anything beautiful here in years!!!!" Haha! She was very excited!


I was also at Ronnys (Ronny is someone I taught in Leipzig) baptism this week! He was Baptized in the land of Köthen on Friday. And I had to speak which I was concerned about! (The last talk I had given... was in America... in English...) but it went pretty well I think! :) Sister Baldwin and Sister Earl were able to bring an investigator (from Halle) Anna to the baptism! It was so great to see Anna and talk to her! We had a lot of laughs together! ;) Her brother is actually currently serving a mission in Utah! So if any of you ever run into a German named Elder Malms... then say hi or something! ;) haha! Then we stayed the night in Halle! That was awesome! Haha!


Oh my word! Sister Jackson and I decided to take our Temple missionary friends on a walk! So yesterday at church we told the temple missionaries to meet at ten thirty the next morning because we wanted to go walking! So our sweet friends met us in the missionary room this morning to come walking! We walked to a near by dorf to find a cute little church! Well as we were at the church I see this old lady standing in her drive way watching us from across the street! Well, I waved to her... and she awkwardly waved back and asked if we knew each other. I told her we didn't and she asked if we came from Freiberg... I responded, "No, we are all from America!" And when I said that boy was she excited! She got her husband outside and we talked for a bit. They have visited Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and California! So we got to know them, gave them one of our cards. After we saw the church we were outside taking a picture with the sign out front and they looked out their window across the street and invited all seven of us into their home to show us pictures of their trip to the US!! Haha! It was so much fun! And turns out they had friends with the Hubrichs who were in charge of construction at the temple! And were here until the dedication of the temple! So cool! Small world... we are gonna go back to visit them again! :)


I just want to share something with all of you quickly...

I love my mission! Very much. I keep looking back on the time I have spent here and it has been an incredible 13 months so far... and it all went by so fast. I have learned so much from it all. And I expect to continue learning as much as I can in the next five months! But as I look back I feel so much love for everything I have experienced, and the people I have met... I think to myself... how can I leave this all behind? I have met throughout my mission men and woman who have sacrificed much to help the progress of the Kingdom of God here in Germany. I am grateful to be some small part of that.


Well, I think that's all I have to say! I'm just grateful for it all! :) love y'all! Make good choices! Bis später!


Liebe Grüße,

Sister Darton


Our straße Ausstellung!

Valentine's Day in Berlin!




The Baptism 

Dresden District

Our two german friends who were showing us their vacation haha!

The Fillmores and the Hunsakers!

In the back of this church we found! :)

Me in a snowy field with the church in the background! ;)

The front of the church! 


Our wonderful temple missionary friends! The Fillmores, The Schneblys, and the Hunsakers! (The DeSpains weren't with us but they are in our hearts!) :)

A different field... with a dorf behind me! ;) haha!



Bowling last Monday! 


I think I'm dancing...

Sister Fillmore and I! :)

Missionaries in Berlin had a blast at a Valentines Day street display on the 14th of February

Popular Posts