Hey Everyone! (March 20, 2017)


Hello everyone!


I recently have acquired a new addiction... you see... a few weeks ago we were traveling to Berlin for Mission Tour... and on the train my District Leader pulls out a Peanut Butter and a Jelly sandwich! I saw that and said, "Whoa... I haven't had one of those in a long time..." so when I got back from Mission Tour I thought to myself, "I should really make myself a PB&J!" So I did... and now I'm hooked! I can't stop making them haha! I have never eaten so many PB&J sandwiches in my life... it delicious haha! Just thought I'd let you all know! ;)


Aside from that random piece of information... this week was very busy! Tuesday was just nuts all around. We had an eating appointment with... an American! We rejoiced greatly! Her name is Becky and she is one of my favorite people! Whenever we see her at church we cluster around her and start talking... and then we start laughing our guts out! And everyone around gives us these looks like... "Psh... Americans..." Haha! It's so great to talk to her and she tells us about the movies coming out, etc. It was a fun eating appointment! Especially with her five adorable kids! Oh my word they all speak three languages... German, English, and Denglish... (German and English mixed!) its adorable! After this appointment we had to speed walk to the Temple because we are teaching English to a sweet old lady name Traudel! I love Traudel! She is just the kindest soul. Then after that we walked all the way back down from the temple to Carla's (our New Convert neighbor) to have a going away party for Elder Moody who was transferred to Greifswald last week. Then we had to walk all the way back to the temple to quickly turn something in... and then go to Chior! Luckily... Carla brought us home... but we added up how many kilometers we walked that day... we walked ten kilometers that day... great Scott haha! And it was all speed walking too! All up and downs hills!


We had a couple of lessons this week! And they were both really good! We taught the first lesson to this girl name Barbara (she is in her early twenties) she is really searching for the truth which is cool! She is good friends with our new convert Liria! They are both from Mozambique studying here. They are really cool! And Barbara was the one found originally by the missionaries... but Liria ended up being the one who got baptized! Pretty cool! But we finally got in contact with Barbara and had an awesome lesson with her! She asked lots of good questions and we were able to explain everything... we invited her to baptism and she informed us she wanted to be sure this was true. So we invited her to church of course and she came! With Liria! And  they had an incredible investigator class second hour! The Elders were up to teach it this week and they taught about Prophets and Priesthood... and the Bishop (our bishop is incredible!) was in there and he was bearing testimony of it all! It was so so cool! And Barbara the whole time was taking notes and the bishop was explaining the importance of the priesthood, etc. So cool!


We also had a lesson with a girl named Jessica from Albania! She is super cool! We also taught her the first lesson and it went really well! I want to get my friend Gazmund from Albania (my friend in Leipzig!) to translate over Skype for us so that the whole family can understand... because so far the only person in Jessica's family who can understand us... is Jessica because she speaks English. ;) But Gazmund can help!


We had two investigators at church yesterday which was AWESOME! We were really excited about that... one of which is Karla who is the Queen of Freiberg! She won a beauty pageant here and now owns the right to such a title! ;) she comes to church every week and we are trying to get appointments made out with her so she can get baptized but it's a bit complicated at the moment. Basically she's told our bishop she knows it's true. Which was really cool! We just need to figure out what is stopping her and how to move forward.


Anyway... that was basically our week this week! We spent transfer day at Dresden Hauptbahnhof helping missionaries find their trains. It's quite the adventure because all these kids are put on trains with their giant suitcases... with no phones... so no way of contacting people. So our job is to get them out of one train and into the next on time so they get to their destination safely and without problems. Well... of course there was an Elder in our zone who got lost. He didn't get off at the right stop I guess and he had no phone... and he's fairly new on the mission... and he didn't show up in Berlin Hauptbahnhof when he was supposed to.... so he was completely missing. Eventually he was found hours later in the Oldenburg Hauptbahnhof! Transfer craziness! It's fun! We witnessed actually something really crazy but I think I will wait until I get home to share that story haha! It's more fun that way anyway... so just hang in there for four months and I'll tell the story of what happened at Dresden Hauptbahnhof! ;)


Well... I'm gonna end this email now because it's already super long... I love you all and hope you have a great week! This week is also gonna be a crazy one for me... I'm going to Poland! I am so excited! There will be pictures next week no worries! ;)


Liebe Grüße,

Sister Darton


Popular Posts