HALLO FROM HANNOVER (March 7, 2016)

GUTEN TAG!!!!!!

Meine Gute what a week!!! Now that I have finally escaped from spirit prison....

The plane ride to Germany wasn't too bad at all!! It was filled with Germans though... and we were all sitting there thinking... what the heck is going on...

We landed in Frankfurt and I had my first experience in a European bathroom!! How exciting!! ;) Also, we had to wait four hours to get on the hour long plane ride to Dresden where we then met our mission President!! Well first... my luggage happened to still be in Salt Lake City... UGH. Luckily I got it the next night.

I met my mission president and thought, "Holy cow... this dude is a legit German man!!" HE IS SO COOL!! He was wearing this long black coat and his accent is so cool haha!! They welcomed us to Germany with Pretzels bahaha!! What a German thing to do... ;) We got on the bus and drove to the place where Thomas S. Monson dedicated Dresden!! It is so pretty there... Then we drove to Freiburg where we spent the night!! The Freiburg temple is so pretty!! But currently under construction until August!! We spent the night there and I had never slept so well in my life!! They sent us to bed way early!! The next morning we all got up for morgen sport we did the "Hubrich Hustle" and boy did it whoop my butt!!!! The Hubrichs are in charge of temple construction in Freiburg!! The nicest people you will ever meet. Elder Hubrich was wearing a spandex outfit... complete with a sweat band on his head... Bahaha!! Later that day I got my Trainer!! Sister Hendricks!! She is so awesome and we have a lot of fun!! I am so grateful to have gotten her!!

Fast forward (sorry I have no time!!) I spent the day in Berlin!!! My comp had a meeting so I got to go with Sister Baird and travel Berlin!! I had my first Döner that day!!!!!!! It was amazing!!! German food is the best... seriously!!! Don't even get me started on the Yogurt... Those of you at home who hate yogurt... that is because you haven't had German yogurt!!! Also... I SAW THE BRANDENBURG GATE!!!! I walked through it coming from the east side!!!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT?!?! Yes I did cry happy tears... I also saw the wall!!! IT WAS INTENSE... continued to cry happy tears...

I finally made it to Hannover Friday night!! There were no seats in the train... so me, sister Hendricks and Elders Gerlach and Drazin sat on the floor in the corner sitting on my suitcases for three hours... bahahaha!! It was so much fun!!! :)

Hannover is so great!! We have so much fun!! Our apartment is so cute!! I wish you could see it!! There is this amazing couple in our ward... (the Metzigs) she is a convert and he was a less active and their story is incredible... but they are so kind!! They have us over to eat all the time and they love the missionaries!!! I feel at home with them!!

I had my first eating appointment on Saturday... it was a family from Africa... there are a lot of African families here... and their food... well.... I wanted to die. SO MUCH RICE THAT TASTED LIKE FISH. It was the most bizarre, most hysterical experience of my life!! I wish I could say more about it right now but there just isn't time. Let's just say it was gross... and Dentay was dancing hard core. Just ponder that...

Later that evening we went to go visit a less active!! Her name is Yuliya she is from Ukraine!!! She is awesome!! We walked into her house and guess what was there... A pole... yes, a pole used specifically for pole dancing... bahahaha!! I died!!! And I thought to myself, "Why isn't Kenz here...!?" Then I saw her cat... IT WAS THE SCARIEST CAT I HAD EVER SEEN!!!! She cut the hair... but only half of the cat!!! And it looked like it was on the verge of death.... I can't explain it... but it was odd.

Anyway, the next day we went to church and everyone we invited to come CAME!!! It was incredible!! And it gets better... one of our investigators BORE HER TESTIMONY!!! That was only her second time at church AND she has only had the first lesson!! It was awesome!!

I had to get up and bear my testimony!! And I made the congregation laugh!!!!!! Yes... you heard me... I made a congregation of Germans laugh... It was awesome!!!! SUCCESS!!!

I wish I had more time because I had so much to say.... But just know that I love you all and I am doing great!!! Germany is amazing everyone needs to come here and eat the Yogurt!!! Oh also the Mayonnaise!!!! I don't know what it is... But Korby was right... there is something about it that is different....

Love you all!! Till next week!!!
Gott sei mit euch bis Auf Wiedersehen!!
-Sister Darton
Brandenburg Gate!




Sister Darton and Sister Hendricks


From Sister Hendricks💜

Popular Posts