Hallo Ya'll!!! (March 28, 2016)

How's it going everyone!!! This week has been so great!!! Truly Germany is something special haha!! ;) The people here are hysterical and very VERY German!!! ;) I love it haha!!! I am picking up some weird German quircks... that will be hilarious when I get home!! ;) 


Lots of miracles here in Hannover!! So much to be done... My amazing companion finishes her misson in two weeks and I am sad to have to let her go. She is exactly the companion I needed and I am so grateful for her. We have a lot of fun!

So last Tuesday we met with Firuza... Yuliyas daughter. We were originally supposed to meet with Yuliya but she has been in the hospital so she was asleep when we got to her house!! But we sat and talked with Firuza who is 18. She is incredible and I think she will get baptized... I sure hope so!!! And I am praying for it!! She is so interested in our church. But here is the best part... we are just talking to her, laughing, having fun... and somehow the conversation led to family history... FIRUZA LOVES FAMILY HISTORY!!! She was showing us pictures of her grandparents and great grandparents... she showed us the family tree that she made on her own!! It was incredible!! Eventually Yuliya came out and joined us. We had planned to talk to Yuliya about temples because we are trying to get her to prepare to go in the fall... so our conversation on family history WORKED PERFECTLY into temple work and why we have temples. Firuza ate it up and was so interested!! So we planned on Saturday to go with her to get Russian ice cream and candy at the Russian market and talk more about it. Firuza and I had become good friends that night and as we were leaving she gave me a hug and said, "I like you!" Auf Englisch!!! It was awesome haha!! We're pals now! ;)

Saturday came around and we got Russian ice cream, ate Ukrainian Easter Pastries, and talked and went on a walk!! It was a lot of fun!! And we were able to explain temples and the reason why we need them and why we need family history work etc... also a little bit of the plan of salvation which we are going to elaborate  more on this week!!!! AHHHH!!! I love being a missionary!!!

So last week I was in Berlin again for Tausch!! AND I HAD THE BEST CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is something celestial in that ice cream no joke!!!!! I am going back to Berlin this week for the Trainer  Trainee meeting and for MLC... But I finaly get my ipad!!! So I will no longer have to pay to email home!!! Hazah!! ;) I love Berlin though... it is such a cool city!!!!!! :)

Easter was good!!!! We didn't do much celebrating other than at church!! ;) And in the morning I got up and made the three girls I live with pancakes and eggs!!! It was fun!! That was like the first actual breakfast we have had!! We don't have syrup here.... so I smothered mine in nutella!! And everyone else smothered theirs in honey haha!! Improvise!! ;)

I had the best German food at an eating appointment yesterday!!!!! OH MY WORD!!!!! Potatos, red cabage, rice, some type of meat soup thing.... I am in German heaven!!!!

Well... That is all I really have to say right now. I love you all and I am loving my mission. I hope you all have a great week!! And don't forget to watch conference!!! I am so stoked for conference... STOKED!! ;) Haha!!

Love,
Sister Darton

Hannover Zone

Popular Posts