Hello From Sketchy Internet Laden!! (March 21, 2016)

Here I am again informing you of my week at this internet laden haha!! ;) Oh how I love Hannover...

Apparently Obama was here in Hannover this last week at the Asian convention!! That is odd... Germans here love to update us on politics in America... Needless to say we are all really upset and dissapointed with the news we are recieving... Good luck you guys...

This week was crazy!!! I love being a missionary!!! I don't think I have had a bad day yet!!! I wake up so happy and go to bed so happy!! I love being here sharing the gospel!! Even though I can't speak the language... I know that I am helping these people in some way!!

We have some new investigators!!! We are stoked!!! Last week Sister Hendricks and I went Klingling!! And we Klingled this guy who is twenty one and doesn't speak English or German!!!! He is from the Dominican Republic!!! His name is Christian!! And so my companion spoke as much as she could to him in spanish (She lived in Spain for two years so she used to be fluent but has forgotten some due to the immersion in the German language...) haha!! So we were basically acting out our message to him... and after that we got an appointment to teach him!!!! I wasn't able to be at the first lesson with him... because I had to Tausch with a Sister in Bielefeld.... But apparently it went really well and he has actually been searching for a church to join... but he has also been meeting with the Jdubs... ;) haha!! We are meeting with him again this week!! And we have to skyped with the Spanish elders in our mission to help teach!!! It is fun!!

We are teaching a family!!!! The Dad is from St. Louis and is an Ex Marine!!! He is hard core... tattoos, peircings, etc. It's awesome!! I feel like him and Dad would actually really get along!!! The Mom is from Germany and she is so sweet!!! They have two kids one boy and one precious baby girl!! They were teaching them their first lesson again while I was in Bielefeld on Friday... and they LOVED IT!!! The Dad was like, "You got some brochures or somehting?!" (Said in a Rocky voice) and then THEY CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!! I sat with them in sacrament and I played tic tac toe with their little boy and took them to sunday school.... It was awesome!!! At the end of it all the Dad (Eddie) Said, "Are we allowed to come back next week??" YES!!! Tonight he is going to play basketball with the Elders at the church!! I am so excited!!!

I am so lucky to be in Hannover... I love this sketchy place with all my heart!!!

Ok... I am surrounded by chocolate and delicious things... So Sister Garnnett and I are trying not to get fat... ;) She put notes all around our kitchen that say things like... "No!! Christ could be here any minute!!!" and "Eventually your family will have to see you... All of you." and "Eckt?! Are you that weak?!" Oh my word it is hysterical!!! She kills me!! I have dedicated a page in my journal to "Garnette Quotes" Oh boy... those quotes...

My week was so wonderful and I am so grateful to be here. I know this gospel is true!! If any of you may be doubting it for yourself I invite you to pray to Heavenly Father and ask Him. If you have the desire to know for yourself all you need to do is take that first step of faith!! He will lead you to the truth I promise!! I know from personal experience.

Conference talk for the week... "Lord I Believe" by Jefferey R. Holland everyone read it or listen to it even if you already have!! I can't express how much I love this talk and how much it has helped me!!

Love you all!!! Have a very happy Easter!! And remember that because of Jesus Christ not only are we able to overcome physical death... but spiritual death. Und durch Ihm und sein Sünopher wir können uberwinden alles!! Till next week America!!! Bis dann!!

Liebe,

Sister Darton

Sister Hendricks and Sister Darton with the Milka

Elder Gerlach and Elder Drazin

Popular Posts