Hello America! :) (June 20, 2016)

This week was something special!! ;)
It all began with a broken water heater for about a week and a half...
;) It is the third time it has broken! ;) (Happens at least once a
transfer...) ;) But I was never there when it got fixed so I didn't
know how to fix it... So we showered in freezing cold water for a week
and a half... You can say our heads were pretty numb!! ;)

We ended up missing our train to Berlin last Monday. We ran to the
train platform and when we had reached the stairs to the platform we
had seen the train was still there... So we booked it up the stairs
hit the button on the train and said, "Oh no!! Come on open open
open!!!" Suddenly the train pulls off in front of us... So we had to
get another ticket to Berlin. It's a dang good thing we are being
reimbursed for that let me tell ya! ;) We made it to Berlin for Tausch
eventually! ;) I had a lovely time in Berlin with Sister Menlove. Then
we made it to Hauptbahnhof 30 minutes early but they had changed the
platform that our train was supposed to leave from. So we ran all over
Hauptbahnhof trying to find our train and they weren't posting it
anywhere!!!! Finally they posted it five minutes before the train was
supposed to leave... We ran to Gleis 13 as fast as we could. But... We
unfortunately missed our train home... So we found ourselves again in
the Reise Büro. But the lady kindly enough allowed us to use the
ticket we already had for the next train! Tender Mercy!

Thursday we had Zone Training Meeting! I had to give a Theme on
Courage! And it actually went really well I think for my first one!!
People were laughing and I think actually enjoying it and feeling the
Spirit. So that's a success in my mind! ;) Afterwards Sister Baird as
STL was invite to District Leader School and Elder Chadaz (my zone
leader) said I could come too haha! ;) And it was actually a really
good meeting!! I'm glad I was able to go!

Saturday night I got home and started cleaning the kitchen. I asked
sister Baird to come with me to take the trash out... And Sister Baird
always puts the keys in the lock when we come home... And I wasn't
aware... So as we were on our way to the garbage outside I shut our
front door behind us. Not knowing the 2nd set of keys were in the door
on the other side... So when we came back and I tried to unlock the
door with my keys I realize what had happened... And I also realized
we were locked out of our apartment... With absolutely no way of
getting back in. So we were standing in the hallway in our basketball
shorts, I was wearing my slippers, and neither of us had phones, or
name tags. We knocked on our neighbors door forgetting that they are
in Italy... The only option we had... Was to run the Metzigs. We knew
they could help! But we didn't have our Bahn Cards so we couldn't use
the Bahn! So we ran down Hildesheimer Straße in our shorts and
tshirts. No tags... I'm wearing my house shoes (and here in Germany
wearing your house shoes outside is a sin in itself... Haha!) twenty
minutes later we made it to the Metzigs! We Klingled the door and
Brother Metzig answered saying, "Hello?" I responded, "Hi! It's the
Sisters... We have a problem!" We ran up the stairs and told him
everything. So he grabbed his tool box and the whole family gathered
to say a prayer. We made it back to the apartment and watched Bruder
Metzig literally brake into our house! After maybe about an hour...
Bruder Metzig popped the door open!!!! We rejoiced!! Sister Baird and
I were prepared to sleep in the church!! What a blessing it is to have
the Metzigs here. We can always count on them!!

So in other news... Today in the English Branch I officially became
the Relief Society President for the branch! ;) That was very
interesting when I received that calling haha! But I was excited to do
it! So I had to teach relief society in the branch today. Those sweet
sisters are very strong... There are only four active members... The
rest of the branch is less active. So that made for kind of a quiet
class... ;) But it went well anyway I think haha! ;)

Today for Pday we are going to a Holocaust Camp. It is the camp where
Anne Frank died and was buried. It will be quite the experience I am
sure!

I hope you all have a great week. Keep going strong my friends! :)
I've been on my mission for five months today!! Crazy right?? I love
you all!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton
Me in Berlin last week at my trainers favorite café!! :)

Popular Posts