Proud To Be An American! (July 4, 2016)



Dear Family and Friends,

Words can't describe the amount of love I have for these people, for my mission, and for this gospel. I will do the best I can to express it all in this email so please excuse me if this is a long email! ;)

This last week has been one for the books. Maybe not the most "successful" week of my mission in terms of numbers. But for me it was a wonderful week! 

Last week we were able to meet with someone who has become a dear friend to me. Her name is Nicole! She is a member in the Hannover ward. I was so excited to go meet with her because we always have a lot of fun when we do. The whole time we talked about Ireland, weird German names, played with her dog, etc. She is such a good friend and I am so grateful I have gotten to know her! We shared our testimonies of Jesus Christ and then shared the "Dank Ihm" video. The Spirit was so strong. We had a great conversation about Jesus Christ and everything He has done for us. I could feel the love He has for Nicole during that lesson. 

The Elders and us had four service projects this week! And boy did we have a lot of fun! I am so grateful for my two Zone Leaders Elder Chadaz and Elder Gibbs. Those two have become two great friends! All four of us end up laughing until our stomachs hurt! So it's been a blast being with them this past transfer... Too bad it was a short transfer! ;) Elder Chadaz this week heads back home to good old Utah this week. After two years of serving the Lord he's heading home. I'm so proud of him! I have only known him for two transfers but I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve with him and for the friend I have gained! It's sad to see another one of my friends go home... But the memories I make with these people will last a lifetime! Elder Gibbs and Elder Chadaz are my favorite Zone Leaders! 

This week has been a week just full of friends and memories. I am so grateful for the people the Lord has placed in my life at this time! I've made some really good friends on my mission and I've been blessed to be surrounded with good Elders and Sisters. 

Now for the news you might have been waiting for! ;) Transfers!
Brace yourselves!

I have been transferred to......... Hohenstein!!! Yes you heard me! I am being shipped off to the almost southern most part of my mission!! ;) Here is a little back story... Some of you may remember my dear sassy Texan friend, Sister Garnett. Sister Garnett and I lived in the same apartment my first transfer in Germany. We became the best of friends!! After that first transfer Sister Garnett was transferred to... Hohenstein!! And has been there ever since!! That is... Until now! I am replacing Garnett in Hohenstein... She is currently training a new missionary and I will be finishing her trainees training!! I'm so excited to train!!! My new companion is from Chile and is apparently so cool!!! Her name is Sister Gomez Bravo!! (She has two last names...) ;) haha!! This will be her second transfer in the mission! Oh and also something cool... I will have a car!!!!! I will be getting my German Drivers License soon and I will be driving through Hohenstein!! ;) haha!! Pretty awesome!! I miss driving!!

I'm excited to go to Hohenstein! It will be a new adventure that's for sure! But it is going to be really sad to say goodbye to my place of birth... Hannover. It's been three crazy transfers here. There have been good times and bad! But I have learned so much and I have been blessed beyond belief! I do love Hannover a lot. And I'm grateful for the people I have met here! It will be sad to say goodbye... But hopefully I will be back someday! I'm grateful for the people I've met here. Tonight will be my last night with the Metzigs for the time being. I'm grateful for the love they have shared with me since the moment I walked into that home. They have been my family here... And I can't express how grateful I am for that. I love the Metzig family! 

Today we are having zone Pday!!!!! The whole zone is getting together to celebrate the 4th of July!!! (One of my favorite holidays!) we are having a bbq and playing volleyball... How much better could it get!?! ;) I'm so excited!!!

Happy 4th everyone!! Have a great day!! Celebrate a lot for me will ya!? ;) God Bless America!!

Liebe Grüße,

Sister Darton

Hohenstein 

Nicole

The District

4th of July Pday




Fun Last FHE With the Metzig's



Celebration in Hannover 🤗



Popular Posts