Another Week, Another Destiny (August 29, 2016)


Well hello again from Hohenstein. :)

This week was extremely HOT!! The hottest it has been all summer... So
that makes things interesting! ;) Last night we had heat lightening in
Hohenstein!! It was super intense! I don't think I've experienced heat
lightning before... Crazy stuff!!

I wanted to share a tender mercy this week. But first we need a little
background. Two Saturday's ago we had our weekly planning session. I
was trying to find some appointments for the week and was looking
through old contacts in our phone. I came across the name Gerhard
Bauer and it looked interesting so I decided to call it. A woman
answered and she was very friendly and agreed to an appointment for
the upcoming Thursday! So on Thursday we showed up at their 400 year
old home in a little dorf called Waldsachsen. These two old people
answered the door... They were two of the sweetest people ever. We sat
down at a little picnic table outside their home and they had made us
Apple ice tea and a cake. They continued to ask us if Braden had sent
us... We of course had no idea what they were talking about... "Who's
Braden?" We said. They told us how a former missionary (who was home
before I got here) from this mission came to visit them three weeks
ago! He had told them that he wanted them to have contact with the
missionaries again... So they said a prayer together about it. Well...
Braden never contacted us... But the Lord sure did lead us to them! I
continued to tell them that this Braden fellow never said anything to
us and that I was just randomly searching through the phone when I saw
their name and decided to call! They were shocked! And so excited to
hear that! We immediately became friends! These two elderly people ran
inside to get their camera and were literally taking turns taking
pictures with us. "Here! Take a picture of me with them and I will
stand here pouring them tea!" Literally posing for the pictures haha!
It was wonderful. They have a huge and beautiful garden that they need
help with. So we will be going back every Thursday to help them. The
wife has cancer and is very weak at the moment due to chemotherapy.
But she was as happy as a clam while we were there! I was so grateful
that the Lord blessed me with two more people to love and care for
during my time in Hohenstein.

I WENT BACK TO FREIBERG!! We got to take Frank Richter (our Elvis
loving investigator) to the temple open house last Friday!! (I am so
mad I forgot to take pictures... Grr..) But it felt so good to be
back!! And I got to see a bunch of sisters I hadn't seen in a while...
Which was absolutely wonderful. It was a blessing to be back! And I am
so excited to watch the dedication of that incredible temple this
Sunday!! It's finally being dedicated!! :)

That was about it for the week. The Lord blessed me each day no matter
what! I am grateful for His help and guidance.
Also, congrats to Jefferson for hitting his year mark! Way to go pal!!
So proud!!! :)

Love you all!!!
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton

Popular Posts