Transfers!! (December 12, 2016)

Christmas in Leipzig!

Dearest Family and Friends,

Last week was really great! We celebrated the birthday of Sister Swapp on Tuesday, Wednesday we taught English class, Thursday we had wonderful appointments with two sweet old ladies in our ward, Friday was our ward Christmas party here in Leipzig! That was so much fun! The kids put on one of the best Christmas Nativity plays I have ever seen! It was funny and adorable! And they set up the gym like a Christmas Market! So we all walked around and ate food and drank Kinderpunsch! (Greatest invention ever!) It was so grand! Then came Saturday...

Saturday morning Sister Swapp and I are sitting there during comp study... When suddenly the phone starts to ring... I look at the phone and who is it you may ask? None other then President Fingerle. Now every missionary knows that if President is calling you on Transfer Day... you know something is up! ;) haha! I answer the phone, "Hallo Präsident! Hier ist Sister Darton!" He responds, "Hallo Sister Darton! Sind Sie bereit für ihre neue berufung?" Well... long story made short... I have been transferred! 

Those of you who enjoyed my story last week about the Nuns and setting off the balloons... well, you are gonna love this! I will now be working with those Nuns every single week! I have been transferred to Halle! Land of the Beatles Museum! Not only have I been given a new area... but a new calling. I have been called to serve as an STL! (Sister Training Leader) I'm so excited to serve these Sisters! This is going to be quite the experience and I know that the Lord is about to teach me so much... I'm going to need to stretch myself. But with the Lord... anything is possible. 

I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to go to Halle and serve the people there, and to work with the Nuns weekly, and to serve the Sister Missionaries in the mission! And I hope that I will be able to live up to what the Lord expects of me.  I'll make Him proud. 

Anyway, that's all the news I have for you now! I start my new adventure on a Wednesday! I'm excited to serve the people of Halle whom I already love! Oh actually here is something funny... First off, my new companion is Sister Baldwin! (She is in my group and she was with me during the Nun experience haha!) also, my current companion/trainee who I have been with for the last three transfers is staying in Leipzig... which means I am now her STL! Which means we will get to go on Tausch. But it gets better... Leipzig and Halle are now in the same District! Which means I will be seeing her every single week at district meeting... haha! And it gets better because starting January the Ward Building in Leipzig is being closed for renovation for about a year... which means Leipzig Ward 1 is being moved to Halle to meet for church... which means Sister Swapp now has to come to Halle every week for church... and I have to go to Leipzig every week for District Meeting haha! Point of the story is... Sister Swapp can't escape me! Haha! 

Anyway, Leipzig has been an adventure and I am sad to leave it! Especially right before Christmas... but Halle has new surprises coming my way! Bring it on!! :)

Liebe Grüße,

Sister Darton

We have matching clothes... therefore, these pictures are essential
Christmas party with the crew!



Popular Posts