I've Been to Poland!😁


Germany (left side) Poland (right side)


Hey there Pals! :)


Hope all is well in the hinterland! ;)

We changed our Pday to Wednesday because we wanted to go to the temple! We were able to do a billion initiatories and a session. It was so cool! :)

This week was exciting I do declare... I will try to sum up what has happened!


Tuesday we had interviews with our mission President! That is always quite the day in this zone! ;) Us STLs and the Zone Leaders are at the church all day preparing and helping other get people into interviews. It's exciting!

That day at 12:00 we had an eating appointment with Frank und Helga Apel! The apels are basically famous in the city of Freiberg! They are both incredible people. Frank Apel had a lot to do with the planning of the Freiberg Tempel! And he was called by Thomas S. Monson to be the first stake president in Freiberg! His stories are absolutely incredible!  Anyway, we ate with the Apels and they made us tacos! (When they were mission President and wife they learned how to make tacos from their missionaries haha!) they were absolutely delicious! But... they weren't average sized tacos... THEY WERE HUGE! Imagine a cafe rio burrito filled with everything possible... but as a taco! After the first one we were both full... but three tacos later we were exploding!!! We could not eat anything anymore! Well... out comes dessert.. I had two bowls of pears! We rolled out of this appointment... and we thought for sure we weren't going to eat again that day! Well... we were very very wrong...


About an hour after this eating appointment with the Apels we had given a lesson in District Leader School and afterwards the Zone Leaders said, "Hey! The Bobingers are here and Schwester Bobinger is making lunch for us four and the APs!" We were struck with fear... how on earth were we supposed to eat again!?! Now, I absolutely love the Bobingers and they are so so so willing to help the missionaries so I was so grateful that she came and made lunch for us! But oh my word... I was still recovering from the last eating appointment! But I put aside my fear and discomfort and walked into the kitchen with a prayer in my heart, and filled with faith, knowing the Lord would help me! We ate chicken, and a mountain of fries... I could barely finish my fries... I was getting to the point where I could have died at any second due to lack of stomach space... suddenly, she pulls out the cake. Oh my gosh. I scarfed it down as quickly as I could but I left one bite on my plate... because the mere thought of eating that one last bite brought me so much pain. But we made it through! I'm grateful for the many people who do so much for us! :)


I didn't eat again that day... ;) but my interview with President was very good. :) Also, that night we had stake meeting with our mission President! The APs and President Fingerle wanted to hold a meeting to announce the new Easter initiative which comes out this Friday!! (It is incredible by the way!! #FürstdesFriedens!) well, the meeting went really really well and it got the members really excited about missionary work! :)


Also last week... I went to Poland! It was so cool! We were in Germany one second and all around us we hear German... and suddenly as soon as we crossed the border... we couldn't understand a word!!!! Polish everywhere!! It was so sudden too!!! Incredible! ;) I included pictures for your enjoyment! ;)


Last Saturday we had a wonderful ward activity and we went on a walk in the woods and then had a BBQ! ;) Classic German BBQ is... wurst. Nothing but wurst haha! ;) delicious though!


Yesterday we had an incredible appointment with Barbara! Our investigator from Mozambique! It was so cool! She is catholic so she believes God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are one... but through the scriptures we were able to explain to her that they are three separate people! It was legit! And then she had many questions about Adam and Eve! But we were able to explain everything with the scriptures! I'm so grateful for the scriptures! They are tools we have here on the earth to help and guide us. I just absolutely love the scriptures... they are truly written by prophets of God. And when we apply what we read to our lives... we shall not be lost. They are here for us to help us know what to do... and how we must do it. They testify of Jesus Christ and through the scriptures we know how it is possible to return to our Father in Heaven! :)


Well, I think that's all I want to say! ;) hope you all have a great rest of the week! Talk to y'all Monday! :)


Liebe Grüße,

Sister Darton

Me in Poland with my Deutschland Sonnenbrille! 😎

I'm standing in Poland and behind me is Germany! (We had to run to our train after taking this picture haha! We made it just in time!)

Görlitz! (Apparently of favorite vacation spot of Pres. Uchtdorf!)

Germans hang plastic Easter eggs on their trees for Easter! It's adorable! Haha!

The view from the train in Dresden! Heading back to Freiberg.

Walking in the woods with the Ward!

My pal Fin! :)

Fin and I again! ;)

BBQ



The Classic German BBQ! ;) (our bishop at the grill of course!)

We decorated Presidents interview room with trees posters from the initiative! And we had the idea to get him a fruit basket! ;) He was so happy! 

Last night our Temple Missionaries Elder and Sister Fillmore invited us over and they made us pancakes with homemade buttermilk syrup and strawberries! I was so happy! ❤️after two weeks of the temple being closed... the Temple Missionaries are finally home from their vacations! I missed them a lot! It was great to be with them in the temple today! :)

Walking home from the Temple! ❤️




Popular Posts