What a Week!



Dear friends and family!
How is everything? :)

So this week was good for many reasons!
First, a story. We were doing our temple time and when we had finished
we had decided to head home and do some comp study. Well, as we were
walking out the door one of my favorite members came into the
building! (She is from America and so ,ich fun to talk to!) so we
stood there and talked to her about fifteen minutes. Then we started
the long walk home from the temple... as I had been walking down the
temple I had this huge desire to talk to Carla. (The new convert who
lives across the street from us!) but I figured we wouldn't see her...
but we did! We turned down our street and see Carla sitting in her car
with two of her kids! I waved and she waved back then rolled down her
window and said, "Can you come up for a few minutes so we can talk?"
We agreed. Turns out her son Fin had a terrible experience at
school... I won't go into details... but he was shaken up about it and
so was Carla. I felt so much love for this little family. And i was so
grateful they had the gospel! We all knelt on the floor and held hands
and said a prayer together. We were able to remind Fin how much God
loves him! Carla was still pretty shaken by it all... so the Elders,
who luckily love close by, came to give her a blessing! We could all
feel Gods love so strongly! I was so grateful that we had walked home
15 minutes later then expected... or else we wouldn't have run into
Carla and we couldn't have helped her when she needed it! God truly
puts us in the right place at the right time!

Second, I had Tausch with Sister Baird this week! (My companion from
Hannover!) it was sooooo much fun to be with her for a day!!! And we
got to work in the beautiful city of Dresden! Such a great day!

Third, last night we were walking home to go get dinner... we walked
into our apartment building and we see all of our neighbor kids in the
back yard playing! (The two families in our building are in our ward!)
we went out there and they invited us to come and play with them! So
we went and put pants on! We came back out and the parents had set up
a bonfire and we made s'mores!!!! Oh my word... I was so excited!!
Then we sat around the fire and a man in our ward told us hysterical
stories from his mission! Then he asked the kids to all sit down and
he asked me what the greatest moment of my mission was. That was a
deep question... but I told them about how much my mission meant to
me. And what a true blessing it has been. I felt the Spirit so
strongly. It was so cool to sit around that fire and to tell those
kids how wonderful missions were... and what a blessing mine has been
to me! And it really helped me to look back on the last 16 months I
have had here!

Anyway, I am grateful for all the many blessings and tender mercies I
have seen this week! I love this gospel! I will never regret these
special moments on my mission!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Darton



















Popular Posts